Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor Transition

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
SeattleCADD
442 Views, 5 Replies

Corridor Transition

Hello All,

Could someone please help me with this. (I am very new with C3D)

I built a corridor with two assemblies: one 24 feet width, and the other is 54 feet. They have the same alignment and profile. I don't know how two connection those. I mean the transition between 24 feet and 54 feet with a turn 150' radius. See attached.

I want to post the dwg file, but some how I cann't.

Any help is appreciated!

Dennis

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jmayo-EE
in reply to: SeattleCADD

You can do this with one assembly if you have alignments or a polyline for the curbline. Just have your pavement subassembly target the curb alignments or plines. Look up Target Mapping Dialog Box in Help.

You may also be able to use a transition assembly. Look up Creating a Corridor with a Transition Lane in Help.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
SeattleCADD

Message 4 of 6
SeattleCADD

Hello!

i have tried the tutorial as you instructed me, but some how it does not work. (i am very new with C3D)!!!

I have posted the dwg file here, Could you please take a look!

Thanks much!

Message 5 of 6
jmayo-EE

I don't have a lot of time today but here is a quick example of corridor targeting.

The issue ou were having was that the subassemblies you chose do not allow a horizontal target. I changed the sub and used plines for the eop target. I did ignore the intersection. You will need to leearn about those as well. A few methods are out there on the new. You Tube has some good stuff.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
SeattleCADD
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Thank you much John!!!

Powerful! I am learning intersection now!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report