Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor Transision

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bozoli
247 Views, 3 Replies

Corridor Transision

Eloow everybody,

I am really really stuck, but i know i have come to the rite place for frustration concerning corridor transition. Owk here is my problem i have 2 assembly, 2% crossfall to the left and 2% crossfall to the right. Now i want to transit the two over a length of 30m. Remember my center line profile has a vertical curve. I have tried everything i could do but nothing seem to work perfectly fine... I have done all the region and offset target and profile target, i cant seem to get rite.

And another question is which assemly to use on my transition region? Do i use 2% crossfall left or 2%crossfall to right?

Thanx in advance
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Neilw_05
in reply to: bozoli

Regrettably Civil 3D does not make this problem easy to solve. There are a couple of ways to solve it when there are vertical curves involved. One is to create profiles for the edges of pavement and use them as vertical targets for the lane subassemblies. The other is to use superelevation parameters. I believe the best solution is to use the superelevation parameters since it is more dynamic.

You'll find some tutorials on how to use it in the help system. If your cross slopes are not dictated by design speed you'll NOT want to use the wizard, as it will be more work to adjust the results afterward. Instead create the transitions manually in the editor.

Be aware that you will need to use lane subassemblies that support superelevation.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 3 of 4
mathewkol
in reply to: bozoli

I concurr with Neil that the superelevation is the best way.  That's exactly what it's meant for and it's quite easy.  I like to use the superelevation view instead of the table, but thaty's me.  I like the visual aspect of it.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 4 of 4
Neilw_05
in reply to: mathewkol

Hi Matt,

While the superelevation tools get the job done I feel it's overkill for site grading scenarios. I think it is safe to say that most site designers are not versed in the principles of superelevation so it is not a readily useful tool for their needs.

I'd like to see a more basic method for controling cross slope. Perhaps a dialogue where the user inputs station and cross slope in a table with an optional graphical station picker.

While the SE dialogue does provide this functionality it is cumbersome and not all that intuitive.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report