AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

dchw
Message 1 of 3 (84 Views)

Corridor tied to existing points

84 Views, 2 Replies
02-06-2014 12:44 PM

Hello group,

I'm trying to locate directions for creating a corridor using existing points brought into Civil 3D.  I want to have a corridor created that will tie to my edge of pavement shots, used to creat exisiting conditions for a set of plans to create new shoulders and ditches on.  Anyone know of a way this can be done or did I simply miss something basic?

Thanks!

Valued Mentor
engrtech
Message 2 of 3 (50 Views)

Re: Corridor tied to existing points

02-07-2014 06:17 AM in reply to: dchw

dchw wrote:

Hello group,

I'm trying to locate directions for creating a corridor using existing points brought into Civil 3D.  I want to have a corridor created that will tie to my edge of pavement shots, used to creat exisiting conditions for a set of plans to create new shoulders and ditches on.  Anyone know of a way this can be done or did I simply miss something basic?

Thanks!

Sounds like you just need to make a surface of your shots. Then you can make an alignment and surface profile of the EOP and create a corridor for your new shoulders and ditches. Make the corridor use the alignment and profile of the existing EOP and you should be good to go. 

Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2014
Civil 3D 2014 x64
Testing IDSP 2015
Windows 7 64-bit
6GB RAM
dchw
Message 3 of 3 (42 Views)

Re: Corridor tied to existing points

02-07-2014 09:53 AM in reply to: engrtech

I will give that a try, thanks!

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.