Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor Target Polyline Help

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
DN85
2142 Views, 2 Replies

Corridor Target Polyline Help

Hi,

Im trying to target 2 parking stalls that ive made into polylines with a corridor but can seem to get it to follow the stalls percisely and fill in the corners. The start and end of my stalls run perpendicular to my centerline alignment and would like to keep it that way. Thoughts?

Pic attached.

Thanks.

Dustin,

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JeffPaulsen
in reply to: DN85

It would be impossible to have a section target two different offset points at the same station. That is what you are telling the program to do with perpendicular lines.

I would suggest skewing the target polyline a little bit (0.10') and adding stations to your corridor at the new points.

You could try adding the same stations to your corridor and see what happens with the perpendicular line but I think this may be a crap shoot. Sometimes it might work and sometimes it might not.

Jeff Paulsen
Civil 3D 2020.4 | Win 10 Pro N 64-bit
Xeon W-2223 @ 3.60GHz, 32GB Ram | NVidia Quadro P2200
Message 3 of 3
DN85
in reply to: JeffPaulsen

Ahh yes of course targetting two different offset points at the same station would be problematic. Well put.

I did as you said and put a skew of 0.1 on the perp lines which will work out fine, just gonna have to remember to notify the contractor before I DXF and send out CAD file. Adding stations also decreased the number of regions I had which is nice considering I initially had regions at every perp line for frequeny tightening haha.

Thanks.

Dustin,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report