Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor - target a top of curb profile for EOC

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
randoshadow
1054 Views, 3 Replies

Corridor - target a top of curb profile for EOC

I tried looking around here but couldnt find anything...

anyway, in our plans we show profiles for the top of curb but for our cooridores we need to have a profile for the EOC. This is easy to do by making a copt of the TC and droping it by 0.375' (for the standard 6" curb we are using)

the issue is when we have a redisign to the TC, the EOC same changes have to me made to the EOC. Is there a way to link two profiles so the EOC profile will ALWAYS be 0.375' below the TC?

or is there a way to have the corridor use the TC profile to control the EOC, much like I used to be able to do in LDT?

Thanks in advance,

Randy S

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: randoshadow

Been quite a while since I've used LDT, but I can't recall how that would have been done dynamically... But that is another thread.

Are you controlling the corridor from TC?, Is you assembly a road section with c&g yada yada? A picture would help.

If you extract profiles at your assembly codes from the corridor surface then no worries. If you are creating layout profiles for TC then there will be an update problem.

Joe

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 3 of 4
dgordon
in reply to: randoshadow

a generic multilink or link multi assembly would allow you to input the offset and elevation change from toc to eoc.  Thus, you shouldn't need a eoc profile to form the corridor.

Dan

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 4 of 4
david.zavislan
in reply to: dgordon

Use a generic LinkOffsetAndElevation subassembly from the TOC at the assembly to the EOC point.  In the properties for this subassembly set the omit link option to Yes.  This will leave a point marker where you can attach the curb subassembly.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report