Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

corridor surfacing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
susan
309 Views, 3 Replies

corridor surfacing

When I create Corridor Surfacing, at the intersections it returns contours that do not match what the assemblie and profile are telling the surface to create.  Some of the contours are jagged and bounce all over the place and some are showing high or low spots where there shouldn't be any.

I have no idea why it is doing this or how I can fix it.  When I look at the object viewer of the intersection, everything appears to be correct.

Does anyone have any ideas.

my email is dan@pmpc-eng.com

Thank you

Dan

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
kcobabe
in reply to: susan

See if turning on the Overhang correction in the Corridor Surfaces will fix this issue.  You can also reduce the amount of link and that can correct it.  Of course you do not end up with an accurate surface and it's not as smooth.  Also turn on contour smoothing and see if that helps.

R10 - 2020 ACAD
2008 - 2020 Civil 3D
2014 - 2020 Plant 3D
2014 - 2020 Revit
V8i - V8i SS4 Microstation
Infraworks
2018-2020 Inventor
2020 Navisworks
Message 3 of 4
tcorey

Hi Susan,

A couple of possibilities: When you create the corridor surface, be sure to check the box for Add as breakline. This makes Civil 3D use the corridor feature lines as breaklines instead of just interpolating the points. Also, you should set Overhang correction on to resolve places where one point is directly above another.

I have attached an image that shows the difference you can get by turning on these options.

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 4 of 4
aslejo

Sometimes you need to edit the surface’s triangles and swap some lines.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report