AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

*Brian Hailey
Message 1 of 2 (65 Views)

Corridor Surfaces

65 Views, 1 Replies
12-08-2004 12:36 PM
Ok, I don't particularly like the way corridors handle surfaces. I think a better approach may be to use the corridor as a definition within a surface. In other words, add another option in the surface definition, "Corridors" similar to "Breaklines" or "Point Groups". This way, if the corridor changes, the surface would change. The way it is now (if I'm wrong, please correct me) you can't add additional information to a corridor surface without exporting it and if you export it, you loose connectivity to the corridor. -- Brian Hailey LDT2005 C3D2005 XP Pro - SP 2 P4 2.8GHz 1.00 GB of RAM
*Dave D
Message 2 of 2 (65 Views)

Re: Corridor Surfaces

12-29-2004 02:31 PM in reply to: *Brian Hailey
I agree totally. "Brian Hailey" wrote in message news:41b765bb$1_2@newsprd01... > Ok, > > I don't particularly like the way corridors handle surfaces. I think a > better approach may be to use the corridor as a definition within a > surface. In other words, add another option in the surface definition, > "Corridors" similar to "Breaklines" or "Point Groups". This way, if the > corridor changes, the surface would change. The way it is now (if I'm > wrong, please correct me) you can't add additional information to a > corridor surface without exporting it and if you export it, you loose > connectivity to the corridor. > > -- > Brian Hailey > LDT2005 > C3D2005 > XP Pro - SP 2 > P4 2.8GHz > 1.00 GB of RAM > > >
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.