Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor Surfaces & Superelevation

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2784 Views, 3 Replies

Corridor Surfaces & Superelevation

I have an alignement to which I have applied superelevation.

The superevation has been applied and the alignment has been annotation and it shows the change from camber to superelevation on  the curves.

However when I create a surface of my corridor it does not show the superelevation, the surface is showing a cambered alignment throughout.

Any suggestions?

I have created a new alignment, a new corridor and surface and still the same.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jay_B
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you chosen a lane subassembly that supports superelevation and set "Use superelevation" parameters within that subassembly?

Please see attached

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Jay_B

When creating the assembly I usually use crowned road and you can choose the slope (+ OR - 2% for me usually) or when choosing a lane you can also determine the slope.  So build the Assembly on one side and then copy it over. then when I create my surface using top links it usually shows the crowned road top along my alignment.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Jay_B

Thats for this!

I had chosed the UKIE Carriageway, which I presumed would be ok.

When I check the settings box there was no option to change the working of the superelevation. There was one box that said superelevation with a number 6 after it. I presume this is a code.

I started again with a new assembly.

I used a standard DMRB template and adjusted it to suit my requirements, the carriageways on all these templates had the superelevation option which you showed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report