Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

corridor surface

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
yasseryt
501 Views, 6 Replies

corridor surface

I want to constructing road on existing embankment with surface width varies from 14 to 22 m and side slope also vary from 1:2 to 1:4, the design assembly consist of 7.5 m carriage way, 2m shoulder, and side slope 1:2, I create surface corridor for top and bottom with boundary to daylight for both and for the target I create surface from points of the base of existing embankment using as a target surface

The problem is how to inform the software to cut the soil embankment out of design assembly because now the side slope extend to the target surface and stopped don’t continuous horizontally to the end of embankment edge.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dgordon
in reply to: yasseryt

some screen shots would be helpful and if you could isolate a small example of the issue and post a cad drawing so that we can see what assemblies you're trying to use, we may be much more able to help you.
Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 3 of 7
fcernst

..because now the side slope extend to the target surface and stopped don’t continuous horizontally to the end of embankment edge...

Use DaylightMultiIntercept

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 4 of 7
yasseryt
in reply to: dgordon

Thanks, I appreciated to u , I attached file as example to explain the problem

Message 5 of 7
L3GO-Ed

Asalam Yasser,

I believe there are several ways you can arrive to your intent. Here is one way I think  it can be achieved;

1. Create a New surface out of your target surface (Black line). Apply a hide boundary along the daylight features of your designed corridor. The idea is to cut out the toe-to-toe area of the designed corridor.
  2. Create another new surface  and paste the surface created in "1" above and the bottom or datum surface of your corridor. Lets call this surface "A".
  3. Create a Surface for the top of the Existing embankment (Red hidden Line). Lets call this one "B".
  4. Now using the comparison of surfaces A and B should get you the cut & fill volumes you need.

HTH

Message 6 of 7
yasseryt
in reply to: L3GO-Ed

Dear L3Go- Ed I was tried many times to apply your steps, but until now I couldn’t find a solution for my problem. Please can write to me the details of your steps.
Message 7 of 7
L3GO-Ed

Asalam Yasser,

I am assuming you already have or can create the following three surfaces and features;

A - Bottom of the existing embankment, which by the way, you have used as the target surface (the black line in your attachment).

B - The Datum surface of the design corridor (the blue line in your attachment)

C – Top of the existing embankment which you can create from points of the top of existing embankment that you used as a target surface (the dotted red line in your attachment)

T1 and T2 are the left and right "end of daylight points" of your design corridor. Over here, we call them toe lines. Actually, these should be the extreme points of your corridor assuming you have no subassemblies after the daylight slopes.

Steps (as you requested)

1. CREATING THE NEW DATUM/FORMATION SURFACE
  • Create 3d polylines from the daylight (toe lines) points’ corridor feature lines. Create a closed polygon from the polylines.
  • Add a hide boundary to surface A using the closed polygon. The created surface has a hole between the Daylight feature lines. Let’s call this surface A2.
  • Create a corridor surface for your Formation level (Datum) and make sure its outside boundary is at the aforementioned daylight points (toe lines). This is the surface I referred to as B, above.
  • Create a new empty surface “D”. Paste surfaces A2 and B into D. Now this should be the formation/datum/comparison surface.

(In a nutshell, you are combining the Bottom of the existing embankment surface and the Datum surface of the design corridor)

1. CREATING THE BASE SURFACE
  • Now create a top surface C, mentioned above. This is now the base surface.

1. COMPUTING QUANTITIES
  • With D & C, go ahead to compute materials, thus your desire cut and fill volumes.

Hope you are aware of the procedures of computing material quantities. In case you don’t, the tutorial resources can guide you very well there.

Unfortunately this seems so non-dynamic.

I would also suggest that you take some time and study the Rehabilitation/reconstruction Subassemblies. These could perhaps get you a dynamic /automatic workflow.

HTH

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report