Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

corridor surface

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
dlzcleveland
338 Views, 17 Replies

corridor surface

I have a corridor surface that is acting very strange. I defined it by feature lines, but for some reason it extends beyond my corridor limits in my cross sections. I am willing to send drawing if anyone wants to take a look.
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
crosa
in reply to: dlzcleveland

what do you mean you defined it by feature lines?
Message 3 of 18
dlzcleveland

there's two ways to define a corrdior surface, either by feature lines or by links
Message 4 of 18
crosa

do you have an assembly created? what are you trying to attach too?
Message 5 of 18
dlzcleveland

yea, I have cross sections showing my corridor perfectly. but when I try to make a proposed surface, the section of it doesn't follow my corridor section.
Message 6 of 18
licensing

Have you gone to the Boundaries tab and added boundaries?
Message 7 of 18
crosa

post a picture
Message 8 of 18
dlzcleveland

nope, don't really know what those are.
Message 9 of 18
dlzcleveland

Here is a pdf showing the problem. notice how the right side is in a fill situation, but the proposed surface section extends beyond the existing surface, when it shouldn't. We can't figure out why.
Message 10 of 18
crosa

i need to see your assembly.
Message 11 of 18
dlzcleveland

Ok, here it is. real simple...just has basic lane and basic shoulder on each side, and a daylight standard on each side.
Message 12 of 18
dana.probert

defining a corridor surface from feature lines is not enough to give it a boundary. a corridor surface boundary must be added either using the corridor surfaces tab or adding a boundary to the resulting prospector surface entry.

if you are using 2008, adding an interactive boundary is the way to go

if you are using 2007, i would draw the desired boundary as a pline and add it to the corridor surface through prospector.
Dana Probert, P.E.
Technical Marketing Manager, Civil Engineering
Autodesk
Blog: BIM on the Rocks
Learn More About BIM for Infrastructure
Message 13 of 18
crosa

i have attached a pdf for your fix.
Message 14 of 18
dlzcleveland

How do I delete that line? Its all part of one subassembly. The daylight standard subassembly has both the fill line and the ditch lines defined in it.
Message 15 of 18
dana.probert

put a boundary on that surface then figure out if your assembly needs work. I'd bet the assembly is fine.
Dana Probert, P.E.
Technical Marketing Manager, Civil Engineering
Autodesk
Blog: BIM on the Rocks
Learn More About BIM for Infrastructure
Message 16 of 18
c__h

If your corridor is simple, you probably have to option to add boundary using the automatic method, rather than the interactive or polyline.

Go the boundarys tab, add boundary, right-click and choose automatic. Then, you'll get a list of the codes available to use. Choose Daylight and make sure the boundary type is set to outer.
Message 17 of 18
dgordon

Your question threw me for a loop to begin with. I thought you said your Corridor is based off a Feature Line, instead of an alignment. So I tried it and sure enough you can't do that. So how do feature lines figure into your corridor surface? Did you add them after your corridor was created with the surface editing tools? Is your ditch line somehow defined by the feature line?
Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 18 of 18
dlzcleveland

I created a corridor from an alignment. Then, I created a surface from that corridor, which I defined with the corridor feature lines. when you create a corridor surface, there are two ways to create it, either with feature lines or with links. I did it with feature lines.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report