Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor surface won't form correctly

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Nik-D
522 Views, 2 Replies

Corridor surface won't form correctly

Hi all,

I have been banging my head against a wall for a while now trying to get this corridor surface to form properly. It wont seem to triangulate properly from where I have copied the intersection into the East-West corridor. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers

NIk

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BrianHailey
in reply to: Nik-D

In the following image, I've issolated one baseline.

The issue you are having is you are adding featurelines from this baseline and they will connect from one side to the next. If you need to add featurelines, you'll need to break this up into two baselines (same for the other cross street).

For your corridor, you can get away with just adding the top links and no featurelines. If you corridor has an irregular cross section at some point (such as a widening or narrowing) then you'll need to add in the featurelines.

HERE is your drawing the way I would do it.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 3
Nik-D
in reply to: Nik-D

Cheers I see whay you have done. I did not realise that by putting the TOP link it puts in the top links of all the subassembly parts. I thought yu had to individually specify which bits you wanted. This has made my life a lot easier.

Cheers

Nik

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report