Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

corridor surface problems

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tysonbird
317 Views, 3 Replies

corridor surface problems

I have created a corridor datum surface using an assembly containing lane outside super, a generic link width & slope & a general daylight SA. Should be simple, but when I apply sample lines and section views, the corridor assemblies and the datum surface do not match up. The inconsistancy starts just at the edge of the LOS & continues through the generic link to the daylight SA. I have racked my brain and rebuilt countless times with no sucess.

Any ideas?? See attached.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sboon
in reply to: tysonbird

It's hard to be sure, but when I zoom in VERY close to your pdf it looks like there might be two subassembly links running down the shoulder. It may be that you have two subs here and the daylight is attached to the wrong one.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Clipboard01.png

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 4
BrianHailey
in reply to: tysonbird

Did you apply an overhang correction to your surface? I would try that first. Doesn't matter if you choose top links or bottom links (in most cases). I have yet to run into a situation where applying an overhang correction causes an issue, it only fixes issues.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 4 of 4
tysonbird
in reply to: BrianHailey

Thanks for the input everyone. Unfortunately nothing seemed to help.

I finally deleted the sample lines and sl groups and started over on the cross sections. Second time they looked just as I had expected!!?? Probably operator error, but I have no idea what was different the second time around.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report