Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor Surface Problem

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mdemers
179 Views, 2 Replies

Corridor Surface Problem

I've created a corridor of a ditch with a 0.5% logitudinal grade 1m wide, 1.5:1 slope and I have an OG surface. Eventually what I want is a volume of cut between my OG surface and the ditch.

My alignment has 4 subasseblies the two slopes going up 1.5:1 on the left and right are Link Slope to Surface, while the bottom of the ditch are Link Width with Slope (0% Slope, 0.5m width on left and right) (Point codes = P2 for all 4, And link codes for Top, Datum for all 4). Now when I create the corridor everything looks fine, but the problem comes in when I want to get a Volume of cut and export the corridor to a surface then it appears as though the daylight is wrong for the ditch while the original corridore was fine. I tried adding Daylight corridors to my subassebly I didn't get the desired result. I edited the corridore properties, parameters, surfaces and boundaries with no luck. I suspected I had a problem with corridore boundaries because it would not let me add outer boundaries automatically.

By the way I'm using Civil 3D 2006 SP1 installed.

Could the problem be with my subassemblies, am I choosing the correct subasseblies for a simple ditch? Or do I have to create feature lines of the corridor daylight? Or could it be a corridor boundary problem?

I've watched webcasts and searched this site and tried the help menu with no luck does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Canon
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mdemers
in reply to: mdemers

Upon further review I've noticed under my View/Edit Corridor section that the bottom of the ditch is not appearing no matter what I use for an assembly. Under Corridor properties parameters I've set all the logical names (except for the profile) and yet it still gives me an error message "Logical Names Not found". I'm assuming it cannot find the bottom portion of the ditch because it gives me the Logical Name not Found message twice for each chainage .

I've also added what I believe is the proper boundary but yet the Corridor surface is wrong. I don't need a top surface on this model because I have an OG surface created from survey data, should I abandon the Link code Top?

Whats the best way to do this use grading instead, or use corridor assemblies but abandon the link and point codes? Should I create feature lines for the bottom of the ditch or is there an assembly that will make my life easy? thanks in advance.

Canon
Message 3 of 3
mdemers
in reply to: mdemers

Figured out my problem Subassembly was not constructed properly and my Alignment had no radius.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report