Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor Surface Issues

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
PFHeller
4556 Views, 6 Replies

Corridor Surface Issues

So i'm trying to model a roadway with a corridor and i'm getting hung up on adding curbs. When I use a Slope link to go directly from back of curb to bottom of curb....it works beautifully....but obviously this doesn't look quite right in section view. When I try to model the curb exactly using a short link for the top and a linkvertical for the face....well....weird things happen. (see attached drawing)

Could somebody explain what is going on and whether there is a better way to do this? I've tried using the "basic curb" subassembly as well to no avail.....it doesn't show the 6" curb drop in my corridor surface either.

The attached drawing shows one way where it works but doesn't show the curb correctly, and also the way I thought it should work but doesn't.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jeff_M
in reply to: PFHeller

In the corridor surface properties, make sure to set the Overhang Correction to Top Links. This is what helps the vertical, or near vertical, faces to work correctly.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 7
PFHeller
in reply to: Jeff_M

Brilliant!!! Thank you very much! That has been bugging me for so long.

Message 4 of 7
PFHeller
in reply to: Jeff_M

Ok...so I redid the assembly using link verticals and switched the Overhang Correction to Top Links as you said. It worked great....mostly. I'm getting a wierd 'wiggle' in the curb line on the outside....check out the attached DWG.

Thanks very much for any help you can provide.

UPDATE: This wiggle even happens when I place a basic curb in place of the vertical link and slope link. The corridor surface zig zags right through the curb sub assembly....wierd!

UPDATE2: So i've tested various portions of the road, and in the areas where the outside lane does not meander, this doesn't happen...everything looks fine. But in the portions where it does meander you get this wierd kink in the curb surface. I have no idea what to do to fix it....seems more like a bug than anything else. Any ideas?

Message 5 of 7
Jeff_M

Going through curves gets tricky, because Corridors and surface TIN's only use straight lines. If you use other Links to get a near vertical link, and get the top point of the link to be slightly further away from the alignment, you will get better results. And using one of the Urban curb and gutter subassemblies in place of the Basic curb will also help. And finally, when you are in a curve situation, be it the alignment or the targets, using a smaller frequency will reduce these issues.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 6 of 7
castled071049

This "wiggle" situation happens on every corridor with reverse curve curbs that I have ever created with C3D corridors. The solution is to open up your corridor properties, go to the surface tab, and add feature lines to the surface. (See attached.) This will instantly clear up your problem.  

Message 7 of 7
PFHeller
in reply to: castled071049

Thanks for that suggestion. Setting my corridor frequency to 1' also fixed this issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report