Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor Surface Issue

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
civman_daar
479 Views, 4 Replies

Corridor Surface Issue

C3D 2012 Sp4

Win7 Pro

I have an oval roundabout.  I created an alignment in the travelway.  The alignment does not close on itself, but comes within 0.00001m of the beginning station.  I created the Fg profile.  I created the corridor surface.  I get zero elevation contours in the gap created by the alignment, eventhough the start and end elevation of the FG profile are the same.  How do I "Fill In" this gap in the corridor surface.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
doni49
in reply to: civman_daar

You said the end of the profile comes within 0.00001m of the beginning station.  So is that the gap you're talking about?  That's so minute that it won't make a bit of difference.  I can't imagine how anyone could see that on a normal plan (unless of course you TELL THEM it's there -- and even then, I doubt it).

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 5
wfberry
in reply to: civman_daar

Try changing your corridor ending station slightly less than your alignment.

Bill

Message 4 of 5
doni49
in reply to: wfberry

@wfberry wrote:

Try changing your corridor ending station slightly less than your alignment.

Bill

Oh -- I get it.  He means that it's spiking to zero in that gap.  I thought he was saying that he wasn't getting any contours there.  My duh!

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 5 of 5
civman_daar
in reply to: wfberry

Thanks, that worked perfectly

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report