Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor Surface Contours Won't Display

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
kenfindley
4407 Views, 8 Replies

Corridor Surface Contours Won't Display

I am using C3D 2009. I have a drawing with several Corridors. Each corridor has a surface with the same style for 2' minor and 10' major proposed contours. When I place my crosshairs over the different surfaces, the elevations for each of the surfaces appear to be correct. The problem is that the contours only appear for 3 of the 10+ corridors. I have tried closing and re-opening the drawing. When I change the surface style on some corridors the contours will now appear. On others, it does not. I am very frustrated. Please help!!!!

Ken
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
C3D_RickGraham
in reply to: kenfindley

Let me ask the obvious first. When you selected to generate contour labels, which method did you choose - single or multiple?

Rick
Thanks,
Rick
coauthor Mastering Civil 3D 2012
I blog at http://simplycivil3d.wordpress.com
Message 3 of 9
kenfindley

Haven't got to labling contours yet. I can't get the contours themselves to display on most of my surfaces...
Message 4 of 9
castled071049

We found that on very flat surfaces, which have less than two contour intervals from start to finish, contours will not display at all, even though at least one of the elevations exist. If we change the intervals to something less (say, in your case, to 1' - 5' intervals, or 0.5' - 1' intervals) then contours would appear. Give that a shot, if you have a fairly flat surface. We never found a solution to that one.
Message 5 of 9
kenfindley

That sux. Oh well, thanks for the info. These are small flat surfaces. At least I am not going crazy. Does the same thing happen with 2010? I don't normally use 2010 'cause the whole office hasn't upgraded yet.

Regardless, if I can't get contours to show up on these individual corridor surfaces, can I paste them all into one big surface and pull the contours from there? If not, then I guess I need to export the surfaces in a .xml file to LandDesktop and create contours with that software.

Ken
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

No, you don't need to go to LDT. If there's only 1 contour that will be
displayed, then set the Majors at 1.00, with the minors at 0.20, and turn
off the minor display.

wrote in message
news:6241038@discussion.autodesk.com...
> That sux. Oh well, thanks for the info. These are small flat surfaces.
> At least I am not going crazy. Does the same thing happen with 2010? I
> don't normally use 2010 'cause the whole office hasn't upgraded yet.
>
> Regardless, if I can't get contours to show up on these individual
> corridor surfaces, can I paste them all into one big surface and pull the
> contours from there? If not, then I guess I need to export the surfaces
> in a .xml file to LandDesktop and create contours with that software.
>
> Ken
Message 7 of 9
joantopo
in reply to: Anonymous

I think that this scenario is stupid, so Autodesk should fix it. With 2015 SP2 is it yet.

Autocad C3D 2019 SP3, 2020 & 2021
Intel I9 9900K with frontal watercooler alphacool eisbaer 360 (original fans mounted in pull)- 3 fans Corsair 120 ML PRO in push.
MOBO Gygabyte Z390 Aorus Master- Corsair RGB Vengeance 64GB RAM (4x16) CL16
Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000
Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB (unit C). Samsung 970 PRO 512GB (for data)
Power Supply: Corsair TX850M PLUS

Descubre mi programa VisorNET para Civil 3D:
https://apps.autodesk.com/CIV3D/es/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3avisornet_windows32and64%3aes
Message 8 of 9
hencoop

As others have suggested, you must have a surface style that will display at least one contour elevation that actually exists in your surface. If the style is intended to show 2ft contours but the surface only ranges from say 320.37' to 321.98' the style will correctly show no contours at all. If 2ft contours are what you asked for and your corridor elevations differ by less than 2 feet and no elevation in it is divisible by 2 with no remainder then no contours for that corridor is the correct result.
AutoCAD User since 1989. Civil Engineering Professional since 1983
Product Ver.: 13.6.1781.0 Civil 3D 2024.3 Update
Built On:        U.152.0.0 AutoCAD 2024.1.2
                        27.0.37.14 Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2024.0.1
                        8.6.52.0 AutoCAD Architecture 2024
Message 9 of 9
joantopo
in reply to: hencoop

Yes, you are right.

Thanks for clarifying this.

Autocad C3D 2019 SP3, 2020 & 2021
Intel I9 9900K with frontal watercooler alphacool eisbaer 360 (original fans mounted in pull)- 3 fans Corsair 120 ML PRO in push.
MOBO Gygabyte Z390 Aorus Master- Corsair RGB Vengeance 64GB RAM (4x16) CL16
Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000
Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB (unit C). Samsung 970 PRO 512GB (for data)
Power Supply: Corsair TX850M PLUS

Descubre mi programa VisorNET para Civil 3D:
https://apps.autodesk.com/CIV3D/es/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3avisornet_windows32and64%3aes

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report