Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor surface bounday

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ronpemberton7479
709 Views, 3 Replies

Corridor surface bounday

When I create a corridor surface I usually create a suface boundary automatically by daylight.

Half the time this works fine, half the time it doesn't work at all. If I view the corridor in 3d view it looks fine.

I tried to create a shrinkwrap polyline to use as a boundary but when I picked the corridor in the shrinkwrap command

it locked up my computer. These are just simple corridors with no intersections. Anyone know why the automatic boundary only works intermitently? Is there a better/easier way to create the surface boundary?

I am using C3D 2011.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sboon
in reply to: ronpemberton7479

Typically when a daylight boundary doesn't work it's bacause the line crosses itself somewhere.  Does your corridor have any curves with intersecting links along the inner side?

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 4

I did get a warning the last time that "the mask was not added as a boundary due to crossing polygon" but when I do a "zoom to" it zooms to a single line at the daylight line. I see nothing crossing even when rotating it in 3D view. The corridor looks clean. My frequency is set to 10' along the curves so the corridor is not overlapping.

Message 4 of 4
sboon
in reply to: ronpemberton7479

You may or may not actually have a problem, but the software thinks that there's something wrong.  If you open the Boundaries tab of the corridor dialog and click on the Definitions ellipsis you should get more information on how the boundary is built.  There are some tools there for displaying and checking the boundary definition which may help.

Clipboard01.jpg

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report