Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor - Superelevation - Roadway with Median

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ericvallejo7526
414 Views, 2 Replies

Corridor - Superelevation - Roadway with Median

I’m working with superelevations and need some assistance and\or direction to some good learning materials.  I don't have an issue creating standard superelevations using "normal" roadway sections (pavement on either side of assembly), but I cant seem to get this specific section to model properly (see attached).

We have a new road project and we have typical section with a median on a curve that we need to apply a superelevation of 3.2% to each side.  See attached for the typical section (when not in super).  The alignment will be at the center of median and the design speed is 45 mph and I would like some advice on how to properly create the assembly and model within the corridor.

Lastly,  If the BEST solution is to use vertical targets, that would be fine too.

Thanks in advance!

Eric Vallejo, LSI
Missman, Inc.
Civil 3D 2014, SP2
Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Eric

Be sure to apply the superelevation to the alignment first. If you use the LaneSuperelevationAOR subassembly, and be sure to apply the correct super properties to each one, the super values will work in your sections.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 3 of 3

Thanks Lisa.  I found a good resource: http://au.autodesk.com/au-online/classes-on-demand/class-catalog/2011/autocad-civil-3d/advanced-supe...

Eric Vallejo, LSI
Missman, Inc.
Civil 3D 2014, SP2
Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report