Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor sections xref problems

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
csevers
4746 Views, 23 Replies

Corridor sections xref problems

I have a corridor model I have created in one drawing. In that drawing I have my alignment, profile, and corridor. In another drawing I have referenced in my corridor and alignment and I cut and created sections in this drawing. Everything up to this point is working fine. The sections look good, the corridor looks good, etc. Now when I go to xref those sections into my actual sheets, I run into problems. Half of my corridor does not show up. I have attached screen shots of what my section looks like it the drawing it was created, and in the drawing it is xref'd into. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong! I have tried sampling at all intervals, so I know that's not the issue. 

Chris Severs, PE
Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 64 bit
64.0 GB RAM
Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 @ 2.30GHz
NVIDA Quadro M4000
Civil 3D 2014
23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
sboon
in reply to: csevers

I can't find the thread but this has been reported by others.  Apparently it's related to the new service pack.

Edit: Found it here.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 24
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

What version are you using? I have used a similar workflow in 2012 SP4 version and the sections appear correctly. My workflow is slightly different. Alignment & profile in drawing. Corridor in it's own drawing with alignment & profile data reffed. Section BASE dwg, with alignment & profile data reffed, corridor xreffed as attachment Section Sheets dwg, Section BASE xreffed as attachment. Perhaps you're using a different version than I am.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 24
csevers
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

I am using Civil 3D 2013 Product Version: G.204.0.0, SP2
Chris Severs, PE
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDA Quadro M4000
Civil 3D 2014
Message 5 of 24
sboon

Was that SP installed recently?  If it was that I'll wager that you have run into the same issue.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 6 of 24
csevers
in reply to: sboon

Is there a solution? From what I read in that thread, there is no solution. I'm also using 2013 service pack 2, so this should have been fixed since SP1, no?
Chris Severs, PE
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDA Quadro M4000
Civil 3D 2014
Message 7 of 24
csevers
in reply to: sboon

Maybe 2 months ago? I can't say if it was working correctly before since I don't use corridors all the time.
Chris Severs, PE
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDA Quadro M4000
Civil 3D 2014
Message 8 of 24
sboon

The issue was created by the SP installation, and there is no fix right now, except to remove it.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 9 of 24
csevers

I re-tested this bug with a brand new drawing where I set up a very simple alignment, profile, and corridor. I then made another drawing, data linked in my alignment, xref'd my corridor drawing, cut sample lines, and created my section views. Again, to this point everything is fine. When I xref the drawing containing the actual section views into another drawing, parts of the corridor are missing. I have tested this on 2 different computers, on Civil 3D 2013 SP2, and on Civil 3D 2013 without any updates, and have observed the same behavior each time. PLEASE HELP!

I realize I could create the sections in the section sheets themselves, but then I will have to go into each drawing individually to adjust labeling, styles, etc. I also have tried using a template, but my client's title block is a very awkward shape that results in a non-rectangular viewport and I haven't been able to get my section views to line up correctly when I use this method.

Chris Severs, PE
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDA Quadro M4000
Civil 3D 2014
Message 10 of 24
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

So how many "pages" would you actually have. I try to limit my layouts to 10 per drawing. If yours is anywhere near that, you could just create your sheets in your sections drawing. Get one sheet created, then copy the layout and pan the viewport to the correct sheet. Not elegant, but a workaround.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User

Message 11 of 24
csevers
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Yes, that would work, however my client requires a separate file for each sheet, no tabs allowed.

Also, I have 8 section views per sheet. two columns of three and the right column of two (there is a data block in the bottom right of the title block). It's a 3x3 set up without the bottom right section view.

I'm testing this on 2010, 2011, and 2012 right now. I will update with my findings. I'm also kind of thinking it has something to do with the subassemblies that are mirrored, I think those are the ones that will not show in the xref.

Chris Severs, PE
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDA Quadro M4000
Civil 3D 2014
Message 12 of 24
csevers

Same behavior observed in Civil 3D 2012.

Chris Severs, PE
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDA Quadro M4000
Civil 3D 2014
Message 13 of 24
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

I don't have that problem in 2012

Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User

Message 14 of 24
mathewkol

Steve, that bug is for 2014. I don't remember 2013 ever exhibiting that bug unless I'm mistaken. The OP is using 2013.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 15 of 24
csevers

here's my screenshots of my test with 2012 SP2:

Chris Severs, PE
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDA Quadro M4000
Civil 3D 2014
Message 16 of 24
Jay_B

Civil 3d 2012 SP2 was only out for a month or so and quickly super ceded by SP2.1
I was having some cross section issues at the time and filed a support case. Autodesk Support informed me there
were many problems with Service Pack 2 and recommended I install SP2.1 as soon as possible and not use SP2 at all.
Is there a reason your on SP2 and haven't updated? Current 2012 Service Pack is SP4.
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 17 of 24
csevers
in reply to: Jay_B

I don't really use 2012 anymore, that's why I only have SP2. I just wanted to test what was happening to me in 2013 on another version to see if I saw the same thing, which I did. Even if I were to update 2012 to SP4, my project is in 2013. 

Chris Severs, PE
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDA Quadro M4000
Civil 3D 2014
Message 18 of 24
Jay_B

The issue your having seems very similar to the one we're dealing with in 2014 SP1.

A couple of our users had me troubleshoot Cross Sections which would only show 1/2 of section and surfaces weren't displaying at times.

We've learned it seems to be tied to the Alignment Data Reference not syncing properly when file is opened.

What happens if you run SYNCHRONIZEREFERENCES after opening the Section View dwg containing the Corridor Xref?

If the Sections update normally after running the SYNCHRONIZEREFERENCES command then you could consider adding SYNCHRONIZEREFERENCES to the Addoc.lsp as we have done for all users until further notice as this workaround is a better solution for us than partial section views. 

See my post in This thread and it will also lead to the Addoc.lsp workaround. Thanks to Tim Corey for posting this fix which is working for us in 2014.

I have no idea if this will help you with 2013 SP2 (we went from 2012 to 2014) but it's worth a shot as it looks very similar.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 19 of 24
mathewkol

Jay, FYI, I have a drawing in 2014 which is experiencing this problem with NO referenced objects. Just saying is all. I'm going to submit it to support.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 20 of 24
csevers
in reply to: Jay_B

I gave it a shot, but no luck. I think we may not be on the same page as I don't see how data references would be involved. 

All I'm trying to do is xref one drawing into another, and have it look the same. When I xref a section into another drawing, half is missing. It's very strange. 

However, if I create my sections in the same drawing as my corridor, and alignment (not another drawing with my corridor xref'd and my alignment and surfaces data linked) and xref that section view into another drawing, everything looks fine.

What I'm trying to do, but is not working:

Drawing 1. base drawing - corridor, alignment, profile, proposed surface, and existing surface

Drawing 2. master section drawing - sample lines and section views (base drawing xref'd; alignment, proposed surface, and existing surface data linked) 

Drawing 3. section sheets - xref of master section drawing

If I eliminate Drawing 2, and include the sample lines and section views in Drawing 1, and directly xref Drawing 1 into my sheets, everything is fine. This is likely what I will resort to doing, although I really wanted to keep my base drawing small. Also, separating the section views from the base drawing allows someone else to do labeling on the section views while I can work in the base design drawing.

Chris Severs, PE
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDA Quadro M4000
Civil 3D 2014

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report