Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor Sections not showing up in Section Views after 2012 upgrade

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dustindk
2967 Views, 3 Replies

Corridor Sections not showing up in Section Views after 2012 upgrade

I had created section views using C3D 2011 that displayed the corrdior sections as well as surface sections. We recently upgraded to C3D 2012 and when I went back in the very same drawing most of the corrdiors sections are missing from the Sections Views and in some drawings all of the Corrdiros are missing.

You can see the labels from the Code Set Style show up on the right Section View but not on the left.

When I go in to the Section View properties of the Section View on the the corridor is checked but when I look at the Offsets/Elevations they are all 0.000'. In the Section View Properties for the right Section View the Offsets/Elevations are correct.

Any ideas?

Sections.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
SethHall
in reply to: dustindk

Any chance your corridor was created from referenced objects?

http://beingcivil.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/02/cross-sections-missing-corridor-data-when-created-fr...

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 4
dustindk
in reply to: SethHall

Thanks for the reply. The corridor is not data referenced. The baseline alignment and surface used to create profiles are but it doesn't seem like that would cause the problem referenced in the blog post.

I tried adding a frequency at one of the missing section view stations but nothing changed.

You can see in the attached section view properties window that the section from the surface created by the corridor shows up just fine but the corridor section has zero's for all the values.

Message 4 of 4
dustindk
in reply to: dustindk

After doing some testing it looks like I have found the problem, maybe more like a bug.

When I set this drawing up I was using 2011 so I was not able to sample a corridor that did not have the same baseline alignment as the sample lines. I have two alignments (we'll call them Alignment A and Alignment b) that are more or less parallel. I created sample lines/section views from Alignment A. What I did was add offset assemblies to the assemblies so that I could set the baseline alignment (Alignment A) as the alignment used for the sample lines/section views but have the sub-assemblies connected to the other alignment (Alignment B).

Everything worked fine until I opened the drawing in 2012 and started making changes, all of the corridor sections disappeared from my section views. I know that 2012 added the feature where you can sample corridors that are not based off of the same alignment as the sample lines. 

I did some testing in the drawing and created a corridor, setting Alignment B as the baseline alignment and Alignment A as the offset (switched from what I did in the previous corridor). I them sample this corridor using the sample lines from Alignment A and it worked fine. I then created section views from the sample lines from Alignment B and got the same results: the corridor sections only showed up if the alignment used as the offset was the same alignment as the one used to created the sample lines.

This definitely seems to be a bug that was created in the upgrade from 2011 to 2012.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report