Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor Section Labeling Issue

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
JOVO85
1836 Views, 4 Replies

Corridor Section Labeling Issue

Can anyone please help me figure out how label only the top of my road surface in section view? The road slopes -2% towards a ditch but my my code set labels both the top of road(-2%) and what I assume is the bottom of the road surface (2%) which I don't want to show.

Is it also possible to label my side slopes as 4:1 instead of 25%? Sorry if this should be a separate thread, I'm just having some trouble wrapping my head around the code set styles. 

Any help would be appreciated, thanksSmiley Happy

Sections.JPG

Joseph-

Civil 3D 2012
Windows 7 Service Pack 1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU
16GB RAM

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: JOVO85

For the duplicate 2%'s...it looks like your code set style is set to label things other than Top or Pave (assuming this is a BasicLane which it appears to be). Change the code ste style accordingly.

Tthe steep slopes can be labeled differently than flat slopes by using expressions to control text height and multiple text components in the label style whose height is controlled by the expressions.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 5
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Take a look at the LinksOnly code set style in this template.  We label individual links instead of the entire top link, we use slopes for the side slope grading instead of a percentage label.  HTH

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 4 of 5
JOVO85

Thanks Jeff and Lisa, you've both been a great help.  I still haven't quite figured it out though. 

Now in the code set styles (under Link) when I set the "Top" link to Style: Pave ; Label Styl: Flat grade, it labels both my road surface and my side slopes. Then I set the Daylight Links to Daylight Styles and change the label style to "Steep Grades" and it labels my side slopes just the way I want them. 

Basicly I just need my code set styles to stop grouping my sideslopes with the road surface, if that makes any sense.

Sections.JPG

Joseph-

Civil 3D 2012
Windows 7 Service Pack 1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU
16GB RAM

Message 5 of 5
david.zavislan

Add a marked point, and a link to marked point to your assembly.  Give the link a unique code name (I use "GradeLabel").  Make sure in the assembly properties that the marked point occurs before the link to marked point.  Then in your code set, apply the grade label to the link code that you used. 

LinkToMarkPointForLabel.jpg

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report