Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor Section Editor Not Displaying a Section

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Cadguru42
3273 Views, 8 Replies

Corridor Section Editor Not Displaying a Section

I've got a corridor where the section editor does not show a section that the corridor has created.  My frequency is set to 25' with high/low points along curves.  At station 22+75, in the model space the corridor shows a section being created (image #2).  However, I cannot edit or even see that section in the section editor (image #1).  The first screen shot shows the list of stations for the corridor in the editor while the second screenshot shows the model space at the problem station.  This is in the middle of a region, so there shouldn't be any issues with other assemblies or regions.

In the section editor, Sta 22+74.91 is listed, skips 22+75, then lists 23+00.  I am needing to manually adjust the cross slopes of my lanes.  If I view the surface there is a weird dip because at station 22+75 the default slope of my lane is -2%.  I cannot edit station 22+75, so I cannot adjust the cross slope of the lanes.

What is causing the section editor to not even recognize a section?  How can I edit the cross slope at station 22+75 if the editor doesn't even display that section?

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Cadguru42
in reply to: Cadguru42

I guess I'll have to make a support request on this.  I can't get my cross sections plotted out until I get this fixed.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 3 of 9
randyspear6624

Did you ever get a solution to this? 

I read about large stationing causing a problem but  by stationing is at 9+000.

Message 4 of 9
Cadguru42
in reply to: randyspear6624

@randyspear6624 wrote:

Did you ever get a solution to this? 

I read about large stationing causing a problem but  by stationing is at 9+000.

Not really. I had a support request and it is a bug that they couldn't fix. I haven't tried it in 2014, so I don't know if it's fixed or not. The "solution" was to increase the frequency of the corridor to have larger spacing between the sections. This was fine for nice, straight tangents of a road but where I needed it was at the low point in a superelevated section of road. I had to increase the frequency from our normal 10' in curves to 50' then manually go back and add sections as needed. It was very time consuming. That same project was put on hold and in a couple of weeks I have to get back into it and I'm dreading this. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 5 of 9
randyspear6624

manually adding the station frequency doesn't do anything for me. Splitting the region fixes the holes in the surface but I still have no corridor section in my section views or in the editor (and I really need to be able to override boulevard and sidewalk grades).

It'll be a nightmare if I loose all my current overrides...

Message 6 of 9
Cadguru42
in reply to: randyspear6624

@randyspear6624 wrote:

manually adding the station frequency doesn't do anything for me. Splitting the region fixes the holes in the surface but I still have no corridor section in my section views or in the editor (and I really need to be able to override boulevard and sidewalk grades).

It'll be a nightmare if I loose all my current overrides...

Let's say you're wanting corridor sections every 10' along the alignment plus where the high/low points are. If a station isn't showing up, especially one of those high/low stations, then change the frequency of the corridor to 20' or even 50', then go back and manually add the sections you need. That is what "worked" for me, but it didn't work for all of the sections. I still had one or two that there's an actual corridor section, but the editor and section views think it doesn't exist. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 7 of 9
sboon

I run into this bug in almost every corridor I build.  I've found that there are corridor sections there.  I just cannot get the section view editor to show them, therefore I cannot edit the parameters at those stations.

My workaround for this is to edit the parameters of another section nearby, then use the Apply to a Station Range tool to copy the edited parameters onto the sections I cannot access directly.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 8 of 9
Hammer.john.j
in reply to: sboon

I'm having the same problem 2 years later........ still.  none of the sections display in section view editor for any corridor.  I tried display and all sorts of stuff, nothing but clearly the sections are there because it makes sections, LMAO.

tried a drawing recover........ no errors.

John Hammer, LA/CADD Manager
Message 9 of 9
Cadguru42
in reply to: Hammer.john.j

@Hammer.john.j wrote:

I'm having the same problem 2 years later........ still.  none of the sections display in section view editor for any corridor.  I tried display and all sorts of stuff, nothing but clearly the sections are there because it makes sections, LMAO.

tried a drawing recover........ no errors.

What version are you using? There are some serious corridor logic problems in Civil 3D that seem to be getting worse over the years. This causes corridors to become corrupt. The only way I know to keep working is to create a new, blank drawing using your corridor template, and insert the trouble drawing as an exploded block. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report