Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor Reports

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
gjrcmb
1578 Views, 3 Replies

Corridor Reports

When selecting execute to create a "Corridor Daylight Line Report", I get the message "no surface profile for the corridor baseline" (see picture 1), hit OK, and a no report is generated.  When trying to create a "Corridor Lane Slope Report", I get the report dialog box, but when trying to Create the Report I get the message "can't find surface profile ..." (see picture 2).  I am able to create the Lane Slope Report but it does not include existing ground information.

When you look at corridor properties and the parameters tab a profile is assigned to the baseline alignment, but this is the design profile not a surface profile.  I would think that as long as the design profile has a surface profile associated with it, that this would be what the reports are looking for.  Or perhaps the surface profile would be extracted from the surface that is assigned as a target surface for the corridor.

Yes, you can change the profile to the existing surface, but that makes no sense as then your corridor is laid out based on the existing profile.  I tried adding a duplicate based line with the existing surface profile assigned to it, but that didn't seem to do anything.  In fact that probably just confused the corridor.

Does anyone have any insight in how to resolve this problem, or define a corridor baseline surface profile?  Or does everyone have the same problem when trying to generate these two reports with C3D 2012, and that's just the way it is?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
gjrcmb
in reply to: gjrcmb

So I see I hit on a topic that either nobody has a clue about, or folks just don't care.  Not really that big of deal, just wanted to know if there is a solution out there.  Can others at least confirm they see the same problem, even if they do not have a solution?

Message 3 of 4
BrianHailey
in reply to: gjrcmb

Add the finished ground surface as a surface profile to the alignment that was used to create the sample lines (not exactly sure why you need to do this but when I did it I no longer got the message).

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 4 of 4
gjrcmb
in reply to: BrianHailey

Ah, very good Brian!  Yes, it would not have occurred to me that you need to create a finished grade profile by sampling the finished corridor surface to get these two reports to work properly, especially when the second message I posted refers to "no existing ground elevation data being reported".  Obviously, it seems as though it is referring to an existing ground surface profile, but apparently not.  It also seems that the "Daylight Line Report" also requires that the sampled finished surface profile to exist for all corridors when you select Execute.

In any regard, thanks for sharing the solution!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report