Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor Rebuild Option

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1605 Views, 3 Replies

Corridor Rebuild Option

Good Morning Everyone,

My question is, why the corridors are asked to rebuild every time I open the drawing?

Although I rebuild the corridors & save the file before closing it.

Do anyone have the idea why this happens?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jay_B
in reply to: Anonymous

What service pack? There was a big issue with SP 2 with out of date corridor messages. Even filed a support case for it. SP2 was only out a short time and quickly replaced by 2.1.

If you are sure all drefs are syncing and all your alignments, profiles, surfaces etc. are updated consider switching to "rebuild automatic" option. I used to manually rebuild but switched to automatic in part to this false warning issue in 2012 c3d.
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 4
klugb
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you have any surfaces that are data shortcut and being used as targets in the corridor?

We usually have the "Existing Ground" target surface in our survey base dwg data shortcut into our roadway base file. 

This will always show the corridor needs to be rebuilt upon opening the drawing even though nothing has changed.

You can test this by copying the drawing and promote all surfaces rebuild the corridor and save then re-open, it should not be out-of-date, but that is not what you want, just a test method.

Bruce Klug, P.E.
AutoCAD Expert Elite Alumni
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Win 10 Enterprise, 64-bit
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: klugb

Thanks for the clarification Bruce...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report