Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor Problems

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
leshanna1
1006 Views, 9 Replies

Corridor Problems

I'm working on an alley pavement project and I'm having problems with my cross sections.  I have driveways which I have an assembly for by using an extra outsidesuperlane.  When I am in the corridor editor, I'm able to edit the lane, tell it the width and slope to which the surface accepts and reflects but for some reason the change isn't reflected in the corridor sections.  See image:  Green line is my surface which is the correct width and slope but sections is still keeping the default of the assembly.  Anyone know how to fix this?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
tcorey
in reply to: leshanna1

I can't give you any definitive advice without seeing your drawing file, but have you tried applying the different template as a region instead of as a corridor section edit?

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 10
leshanna1
in reply to: tcorey

I apologize, I don't have a ton of experience with corridors, its been me just jumping in and just experimenting.  How would I apply the different template as a region?  I have also attached the drawing.

Message 4 of 10
tcorey

Pick the corridor, right click, pick Corridor Properties. Go the Parameters tab and you can add regions. There is extensive information on regions in the help.

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 5 of 10
leshanna1

I think I'm still confused.  The driveways are their own regions and I have an assembly with the driveway needed assigned to that region. Are you saying there is a way to edit width and slope of the regions through the parameters? I know how to featureline it out, but don't have the time to do that for each driveway.  I'm with a new company that really doesn't have styles in order for this type of work.  I figured it was some sort of setting, but usually if I edit slope and width, it not only changes the surface but also the corrdor section itself, which isn't happening.

Message 6 of 10
tcorey

I see from your drawing that you indeed know how to use regions! 

I will need more specifics. Which corridor are you working with? What specific steps are you taking and what results do you expect? Is the error happening in a single region or spanning regions?

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 7 of 10
leshanna1

I'm working with Alley 1.  For the driveways, I have an outside super lane, the max slope I can go is 10% which is set as the default slope and the default width is set to 5 feet.  With each driveway cross sections, I'm trying to individually evaluate what slope and how far back I need to cut before I can tie back to existing pavement.  For example, at station 1+30.34, I have to go the max slope of 10% but it looks like I need to go about 12 feet back into the driveway rather than 5 feet.  The green line is the corridor surface, which is correct, but I need that lane that is set at 5 feet to be 12 feet in width.  I've gone under the corridor section editor and actually changed the width, which it reflects in the parameter editor in the section editor.  The corridor section is just not updating it in the actual cross section and still drawing the lane at 5 feet.  Its doing this on all my cross sections, whether I shorten or lengthen the lane.  Thanks again for your help in this.

Message 8 of 10
Jay_B

If I'm understanding what you're hoping to do I may have a solution that works for you.

We do alot of residential driveways and what I prefer to use is a Daylight to Offset Subassembly to

represent the driveway for a couple reasons.

1. It allows for quick grip edits of a driveway match left Miscellaneous Alignment to force the tie in anywhere within the EG surface coverage area. The key here is to place extra PI's on the Misc alignment prior to and after each driveway.

2. A placed lined material thickness can be applied representing the driveway thicknesses.

Toggle on "Placed Lined Material" (this can be set to "All Links".

Set the Material 3 thickness as 0.67 in your case.

Set the "Slope Limit 3" to 1:1000 (so the lined material appears).

Set the misc driveway match Lt & Rt alignments as targets, if your not happy with the match offset, just grip edit the alignment & rebuild the corridor until it matches just right.

Attached dwg didn't include EG surface. An example drive match LT alignment and the Alley 1 dwy LT assemblies were changed to "Daylight to Offset sub. and targets were set in Alley 1 Corridor. Take a look at attached dwg & give this a try. Create the same for Rt side.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 9 of 10
leshanna1
in reply to: Jay_B

Thank you for your help!  That will solve my problem!

Message 10 of 10
Jay_B

No problem, glad I could help.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report