Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor Problem C3D 2014

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Granvillea
867 Views, 11 Replies

Corridor Problem C3D 2014

I have been recently upgraded to C3D 2014 from 2012 and now when I open my old drawings and rebuild my corridor I have an error with the surfaces created (top and datum).  Since using 2014, at random locations throughout my corridor sections a double line shows up at random elevations which throw off my compute materials quantities.  I have attached a sample of what is happening in case someone else has experienced this issue and can help.  I have installed all available hotfixes and SP2.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Jay_B
in reply to: Granvillea

Nothing attached.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 12
Granvillea
in reply to: Jay_B

Sorry about that

Message 4 of 12
Jay_B

Have you tried recreating the Materials List and recreating Section VIews to see if that makes any difference?

What does the corridor rebuild error message say?

Can you post the file?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 12
Granvillea
in reply to: Jay_B

Hi Jay

I have tried Cut and Fill, Earthworks as well as creating my own criteria.  In 2012 everything worked fine, I was using the compute materials and mass haul components to try and balance my gradeline but now that I open the file in 2014 I now experience this problem.  I tried uploading the file but it is extremely large and seems to fail every time I try.  I have even gone so far as to start my file from scratch in 2014 but still end up with the same end result.  The thing about it is that this line when it appears ends up being the second corridor surface that I create ( either top or datum).  I will try and take a snippit from my drawing and try and post it for you if that will work?

I appreciate you looking at this for me.

Cheers Andre 

Message 6 of 12
ZLQ0000

some subassemblies generated in C3D 2012 don't work well in C3D 2014. i guess this causes the issue. try to create new assemblies in C3D 2014.

Message 7 of 12
Granvillea
in reply to: ZLQ0000

I tried creating a completely new assembly in 2014 as well as using the basic road assembly in the tool palette and in both cases the same issue occurs only at different stations along the alignment so this issue does not appear to be related to a specific area of the corridor.  I've attached another picture to show what is happening

Message 8 of 12
ZLQ0000

i guess some surfaces may not been updated accuratly or the data links are broken. remove all the sampled sources from sample line group and see if there are still some sections in the section views.

remove the final sruface from the corridor and create a new final surface may solve the problem.

Message 9 of 12
Granvillea
in reply to: ZLQ0000

ZLQ0000

Thanks for the suggestion.  I removed all sampled sources and nothing remained in my cross sections but reappeared once again once a sampled the sources.  I thought it may have something to do with using shortcuts so I actually created another drawing with all objects within a single drawing, surface horiz & vert alignments , etc and tried the compute materials and created sections but it is still happening.

Message 10 of 12
ZLQ0000

Granvillea,

did you create a new corridor? can you upload the file?

Message 11 of 12
doni49

@Granvillea wrote:

Hi Jay

I have tried Cut and Fill, Earthworks as well as creating my own criteria.  In 2012 everything worked fine, I was using the compute materials and mass haul components to try and balance my gradeline but now that I open the file in 2014 I now experience this problem.  I tried uploading the file but it is extremely large and seems to fail every time I try.  I have even gone so far as to start my file from scratch in 2014 but still end up with the same end result.  The thing about it is that this line when it appears ends up being the second corridor surface that I create ( either top or datum).  I will try and take a snippit from my drawing and try and post it for you if that will work?

I appreciate you looking at this for me.

Cheers Andre 

Yes.  There is a limit on the size of attachments. 

However, if anyone is going to have even a decent chance of helping you on this one, I think you're going to have to provide a data sample.  Here are some things to try which should generate a file small enough to upload -- and even if it doesn't get it small enough to upload here, you can always upload it to a dropbox account and share a link with us.  The smaller file will make it easier for us to download.

Before doing ANY of this, make sure you save your file and then copy it to a completely differnt location -- then modify the copy.

• For the existing surface, make a snapshot of the surface.  This way you can delete all the breaklines/points etc that are used to create the surface.  It won't be dynamic anymore but as long as it accurately shows us the surface as you're seeing it currently, that's all that matters.
  • Delete EVERYTHING that's not related to this alignment, profile, assembly or corridor.
    • After you're done with this, there should be nothing in the file accept the surface, alignment and any target alignments the corridor needs, profile, assembl(y|ies) for this corridor and this corridor.
  • Purge all (run it multiple times until it no longer reports there's anything left that can be purged).

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 12 of 12
Granvillea
in reply to: doni49

Hello Everyone

First off I want to thank everyone who offered their assistance to my issue.  I cannot say how it occurred but for some reason under the build option for the datum and top surfaces from the corridor the exclude elevations option was active which threw off my surfaces.  What I found curious was that my OG surface did not have this enabled so I'm a little lost on that one.  Again I want to thank everyone for their help.

Andre

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report