Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor-Parking Lot Tips

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2802 Views, 5 Replies

Corridor-Parking Lot Tips

Hi,

I am designing A New Road that ties into A New Parking Lot which all ties into existing Roads as you can see in my attached image.

All yellow lines and what is proposed along with my parking Lot surface.

My parking lot surface is created from feature lines, it has a standard curb all the way around the perimeter.

What would be the best way to tie my new corridor into the New Parking Lot Surface and remove the curb in the entrance areas and tie all curbs together smoothly? Hopefully someone has some advice on what to do here.

Best regards,

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jmayo-EE
in reply to: Anonymous

Make a new, separate surface for each inersction using feature lines. Let these surface remove the top of curb by tieing into the lot at the botton of curb/gutter lines.

Make a new surface named FG-Composite or similar. Paste into this empty surface the corridor surface, the parking lot surface and then the intersection surface(s) in that order.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Thanks jmayo,

The FG surface sounds simple enough but I'm having trouble understanding how to tie my corridor to my parking lot with a ramp.

I have polylines with no elevations drawn where i want my curb returns but actually having them interact with one another and creating a surface that blends nice together is a head scratcher for me.

Would you happen to know any tutorials online or may have a few suggestions yourself?

I have an image attached to see what i am talking about here.

Message 4 of 6
pbemis

Hi,

here is a link to a class by Eric Chappell for Autodesk University, it shows you how to grade out a parking lot with entrance ramps to anothoer surface (could be a corridor surface) It's is really a good class.

http://au.autodesk.com/au-online/classes-on-demand/class-catalog/2011/autocad-civil-3d/islands-in-th...

Message 5 of 6
walterlewinski
in reply to: pbemis

The last post is actually me, I was accidently logged on as my boss...

Walter

Thank you,
Walter

IDSP Premium 2016
Win 7 Pro x64, 256Gb SSD, 4Tb HDD
16Gb Ram Intel i7-5930K @ 3.50GHz
3-NVIDIA GTX 970 4Gb (12Gb) Triple Monitors
Message 6 of 6
dan.oS2RRJ

Link is no good.  Try this instead:

Create a seperate corridor with one side being wider than the other by adding the mount of parking space length, IE,  your road width is 12 feet, and parking length is 18 feet, then make that side of the corridor 30 feet total.  Split the region at start and stop points and replace it with the new corridor, and rebuild. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report