Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor on road with no curves

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
cdtomberlin
403 Views, 4 Replies

Corridor on road with no curves

I have a road that was designed in the early 90's and for whatever reason there are no curves, just tangent points. Well I can't seem to get the corridor to model correctly on two of the turns. (I attached a png file, hopefully its clear enough to see the problem) Is there any way to fix this? And acquiring right-of-way for curves is out.

Thanks,

David

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Neilw_05
in reply to: cdtomberlin

One solution is to add a curve that is just large enough to make the interior edges of the corridor meet. That should not impact the right of way.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 3 of 5
neilyj666

You've just discovered the major flaw in corridor modelling with Civil 3D; the inability to go around a corner....;)

The only solution is to manually "fudge" it - search google for "civil 3d corridor bow ties"

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 4 of 5
cdtomberlin
in reply to: neilyj666

Thanks, putting a small radius in worked. I will google the corridor bowties, I'm sure I'll need it.

Message 5 of 5
doni49

You could also break it up into two separate corridors with a gap between them.  Then draw featurelines connecting them as needed.

Corridor.png

EDIT:  I started to post this a long time ago -- then got called a way from my desk.  By the time I got back and finished the message and hit post, the 2nd post had been accepted as the solution.  Sorry.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report