Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor Offset Stationing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
travisrobinson
373 Views, 3 Replies

Corridor Offset Stationing

My assembly references 2 alignments. 1 alignment is at the centerline of the street, the other is at the right back of curb for the offset. The assembly is controlled by the two alignments and 2 profiles. The assembly has a link slopes between points to create a 2% crown. When the profiles (which represent the top of curb) differ, it creates a "migrating crown". The problem is that the offset reads the back of curb's alignment's stationing, and sets the right top of curb elevation from that station but it uses the centerline stationing.

How can I use the alignment for the right side without 3D reading the stationing from that alignment?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: travisrobinson

Travis,

I'm probably a little off-base here, especially as I'm not quite sure what you mean by "migrating crown", but in my personal
experience, if you don't need the links beyond the back of kerb (BOK) to run perpendicular to alignment 2 (i.e. if running
perpendicular to alignment 1 still gives you the result you're after), don't use an offset; use the logical settings in the Corridor
Parameters tab. This will reference everything off the centreline alignment (alignment 1).

If your "migrating crown" is what I think it is, would adapting the LinkSlopesBetweenPoints subassembly help? I foresee some
drawbacks, but I don't know your exact situation...

Hope that helps,
Trevor
Message 3 of 4

Basically, How can you have an assembly reference 2 profiles and 1 alignment. We design to top of curb. So the profiles are drawn referencing the centerline of the street and the curbs each have their own line in the profile. I do use the Link slopes between points subassembly, but I have to go through alot to get it to work.
Message 4 of 4

Well, I figured it out, Thank You. I can override the subassembly parameters in the Targets. I'm using 07

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report