Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor not recognizing surface elevations

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
CHaschenDU
367 Views, 5 Replies

Corridor not recognizing surface elevations

I am constructing super simple earth dikes for a wetland mitigation project in Great Plains (minimal topo relief) and when I go to create my corridor the slopes of the dike are not projecting with any consistency.  As the proposed dike cross a low spot the slope does not extend as would be expected for the longer side of the slope, rather it is an irregular line that makes seems to have no correlation to the target surface.

I started on the project about a week ago, had about 60% of the dikes completed and they were projecting to the surface perfectly, then when moving on to another area of the project it was as if the surface was not recognized,  I went back to an area of the project where I had a correct, completed dike to replicate the process I was using and ended up not being able to complete a corridor with consistent slopes to the surface.

As of right now I have reimported the data, recreated the surface multiple times and I still can not achieve the correct corridor construction as I did when I first began on this drawing.

I am new to C3D, we are using 2015, so go easy on me guys.  My education is in GIS and have found my way into the CAD world out of necessity of the organization I am working for. 

Thank you in advance for any ideas/help!

Chad

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
sboon
in reply to: CHaschenDU

We're going to need more information to be able to assist you.  Please post your drawing if possible.  If you cannot do that then try some screenshots showing your assembly construction, and the corridor parameters.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 6
CHaschenDU
in reply to: sboon

Attached is the drawing I am having issues with.

Message 4 of 6
CHaschenDU

I tried doing a simple corridor siimiliar to the ones need in the 4991.dwg in a seperate DWG with a little more relief and I am still getting the same results.  Could it be something with the program and not just this one drawing file?

Message 5 of 6
kcobabe

Are you wanting your corridor to follow the dikes?  Because right now that what it's doing as you do not have a proposed profile.  You need to add your proposed profile so that it stays constant.  So if you are wanting your centerline to follow existing grade it is 100% correct in what it's showing.

Switch your view to 3D to see what I'm talking about.

R10 - 2020 ACAD
2008 - 2020 Civil 3D
2014 - 2020 Plant 3D
2014 - 2020 Revit
V8i - V8i SS4 Microstation
Infraworks
2018-2020 Inventor
2020 Navisworks
Message 6 of 6
CHaschenDU
in reply to: kcobabe

Thank you kcobabe.  That did work, I cant believe that I forgot that step in the process........

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report