Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor modeling with skewed bridge

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mdutcavich
1838 Views, 5 Replies

Corridor modeling with skewed bridge

I'm attempting to model a corridor on a bridge replacement/highway realignment project where the bridge has a decent skew (40 degrees or so). The problem is that the corridor and associated surface are creating an area of fill that basically fills in the stream where in reality there's a bridge there. Is there anyway to get the program to recognized a skewed bridge assembly?

On another subject - has anyone out there modeled propsed wingwalls and the grading as it wraps around the wall and grades out in front? I haven't played with this much yet but I'm assuming I would make a wall breakline from a 3D polyline for the front and back of the wall, then would need to make a grading object in the front that would grade to those breaklines or the finished surface?

Thanks for any input.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: mdutcavich

Have you tried to end that region at the station associated with the
station that the streams top of bank and the grading object cross?

We model wingwalls in the Final Surface just as do Existing Topographic
surveys...usually featurelines..

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM

mdutcavich wrote:
> I'm attempting to model a corridor on a bridge replacement/highway realignment project where the bridge has a decent skew (40 degrees or so). The problem is that the corridor and associated surface are creating an area of fill that basically fills in the stream where in reality there's a bridge there. Is there anyway to get the program to recognized a skewed bridge assembly?
>
> On another subject - has anyone out there modeled propsed wingwalls and the grading as it wraps around the wall and grades out in front? I haven't played with this much yet but I'm assuming I would make a wall breakline from a 3D polyline for the front and back of the wall, then would need to make a grading object in the front that would grade to those breaklines or the finished surface?
>
> Thanks for any input.
>
Message 3 of 6
Neilw_05

For the skewed bridge, I would consider handling it like an intersection. Create a feature line or alignment for the skewed ends of the bridge and use it as a target for the corridor at each end. You will have to end the corridor before the skew and create an assembly that consists of a single point to run along the target feature line just as you would for a curb return.

For the wing walls, create a feature line for the top of wall and one for the bottom of wall. You should be able to control the grading around the face that way.
Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Correct that. You can use an assembly consisting of just the pavement per
your requirements and stretch it to the skew line.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4419 (20090912) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com
Message 5 of 6
MikeEvansUK

You could always create a skewed corridor model and use its surface to create profiles on the alignments. Use offsets in the assembly to control the width and level. As the profiles are dynamic you wont need to mod it when it changes.
Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 6 of 6
DRIII
in reply to: Anonymous

Won't the corridor offset build perpendicular to the offset feature line or alignment?  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report