Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor, minimum ditch depth not being applied with assembly

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
millsy.g
1713 Views, 10 Replies

Corridor, minimum ditch depth not being applied with assembly

Currently I am working on a major project for school, and I have a surface that I have imported from google earth, with additional data from a .csv with survey points.

I have the alignment and profile with vertical layout, and a standard ditch that I want to apply.

It is a very simple roadway, 4m wide lane 0.6m depth, 4:1 foreslope, 1m ditch bottom, 1m ditch depth (so I put 4m foreslope) and in some places, this is applied just fine, however I don't know why it isn't being applied along the whole length of the alignment. in some places, the foreslope is showing up as almost non-existant. 

Also there appears to be a problem with one section where it does not follow the pattern at all, and there are lines connecting two seemingly unrelated sections. It's almost like the survey points are the only thing that the corridor is willing to use, as the phantom lines almost exactly follow the edge of those points.

I have attached a screenshot of where I am talking about, any help would be apreciated.  

Here is a link to the autocad file, since it is too large to attach on the forums.

Link to autocad file

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
mathewkol
in reply to: millsy.g

Which subassemly are you using for the ditch? It looks ok to me unless you want the ditch the entire length of the corridor. It appears though the ditch happens periodically, probably in cut.

I can't answer the weird feature line thing though I and many others have seen it.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 11
millsy.g
in reply to: mathewkol

I need to have a minimum of 1m from the top of the roadway to the bottom of a 4:1 slope, the entire length of the corridor. So even in a fill condtion.

If the new road is .6 above the ground, then I need a ditch cut 0.4 into existing ground.

Message 4 of 11
mathewkol

You didn't answer my question but I suspect you're using daylight standard or something. You'll need a link width and slope before that daylight to achieve what you're asking for.
Matt Kolberg
Message 5 of 11
millsy.g

Sorry abou that, I'm using a basicsideslopecutditch

Message 6 of 11
mathewkol

Ok good. You'll still need that link width and slope before that subassembly.
Matt Kolberg
Message 7 of 11
millsy.g

That seems have worked, thank you very much!

Message 8 of 11
tmcdonnell

I have a question concernign this issue. I understand the solution but wonder does the linkwidthand slope come out of the imperial -generic toolpallete and if so once you pick the subassembly where do you attach to the assembly? would it be at the hing point of the basic side slope cut ditch or somewhere else. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 9 of 11
millsy.g

I just attached mine to the shoulder of the basic lane sub assembly, then put a BasicSideSlopeCutDitch on the end of the LinkWidthAndSlope line. (that way if the road was more than 1m high, it would continue the 4:1 side slope till it daylights, and it would do the ditch bottom correctly. 

Since mine was in a metric project, the LinkWidthAndSlope was in the "metric generic subassemblies" tool pallet. 

Message 10 of 11
tmcdonnell

Okay,I understand the process. Since I have a distance in the basic slope assembly do I put a distance in the linkwidth. It looks like it adds the extra distance

When I rebuild the corridor does it widen the corridor or just force the ditch the whole length of the corridor. I pulled the correct subassembly from the imperial toll pallete. I will let you know what happens.

Thanks, I appreciate the help.

Message 11 of 11
tmcdonnell
in reply to: tmcdonnell

I attched the linkwidthand slope and with a 1' distance and attached then attached the basicsideslope cutdutch. I them rebuild the corridor with the revised assembly and still do not have a forced slope and ditch on boith sides of the road, I need to have the slpe the full length on both sides of the road for for stormwater management purposes. Anyone have anyother clues where I need to go?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report