Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor Materials List and Volume Report

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
vinco
3249 Views, 10 Replies

Corridor Materials List and Volume Report

I am trying to get a material volume report for a corridor structure. The overall dirt cut fill is working, but the pavement and base keeps showing up as zero.

I started with the surfaces made, (perhaps that’s the problem,) I made an alignment, used an assembly, made a profile, and sample lines, made the corridor. Tthe assembly draws  in the cross sections, but the materials report shows zero in the pavement and stone.

All help appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Jay_B
in reply to: vinco

Have you created a "Quantity Takeoff Criteria" that includes the Corridor Shape "Material Names" and use the "Quantity Type"Structures"?

mat vol.PNG

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 11
mjgc11

I have the same problem, when i try to calculate the volumen of the base, sub-base and pavement structur, the sections views only show a hatch in one side of the section, and the volumen tables show wrong results. The problem began since i instal de last service Pack product C3D. Anyone can help me to solve this problem.
Message 4 of 11
Jay_B
in reply to: mjgc11

The OP didn't specify a version but your referring to 2014 SP1 and this is a known issue with Service Pack 1.

I have created a Support Case for this and there's another thread started today for this issue.

AutoDesk told me the only fix for this at this time is to uninstall SP1 as it worked in HF1. Smiley Mad

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 5 of 11
fcernst
in reply to: mjgc11

Compute Materials Volume is now broken. Please see link below:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/Confirmed-Defect-Structural-Material-Volume-S...

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 6 of 11
vinco

I have "structures" picked in the "edit materials list".

Is there another place I need to set it up?

c3d 2012 SP2

Message 7 of 11
vinco
in reply to: Jay_B

I set it up in Quantity takeoff, but the materials still report zero for the pavement and base.

Message 8 of 11
Jay_B

Do the structure names in Subassemblies used match the values in the QTO criteria?

Did you choose import another criteria & select your Materials list criteria for the calculation?

Can you post the drawing for someone to look at it?

We didn't use 2012SP2 here because it was generally unstable out a month or less & replaced by 2012SP2.1

2012SP4 is current patch available, If you're sure your doing everything correctly you may want to update to the latest SP & see if that helps. When using 2012 SP2.1 & SP 3 the material volumes worked fine here.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 9 of 11
vinco

Impoting another criteria fixed part of the problem. When I creat a table, the quantities are now there, but when I creat the cross sections they still say zero.

Message 10 of 11
fcernst
in reply to: Jay_B

AutoDesk told me the only fix for this at this time is to uninstall SP1 as it worked in HF1. 

They called that a fix?

This would put the Corridor Section Editor back to the defective state that it was released as in Civil 3D 2014.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 11 of 11
Jay_B

Is it possible your skipping the step of assigning the appropriate "Materials" Material List on your sections or maybe the "Table Type" is not correctly set?

Volume tbl.PNG

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report