Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor limits

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
168 Views, 5 Replies

Corridor limits

Hi all, I have a corridor created that does not go to the limits I selected. As you can see in the attached images, the Parameters for Baseline (1) show a region starting at 4+73.46 and another ending at the same station. However, in the drawing, there is no linework from the corridor at that station. Is this a problem? Or simply the corridor not displaying the design info? I was wanting to snap to that line to get my intersection design done but there is no line there. If anyone has any idea, I'm all ears. -- Brian Hailey LDT2005 C3D2005 XP Pro - SP 2 P4 2.8GHz 1.00 GB of RAM
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

OK Brian, I'll have a go at it. How about starting Region 2 at station 4+15.27 and stopping Region 2 at station 4+73.36? You'll never miss the dirt in a tenth on each end of the region. This is through lessons learned with LDT. I always take an extra section at the beginning and ending stations of an intersection, plus or minus a tenth as the case may necessitate. HTH -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" LDT & CD 2004 C3D 2004 SP1 On HP Pavilion a367c 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM XP PRO - SP2 "Brian Hailey" wrote in message news:41a2535e_1@newsprd01... Hi all, I have a corridor created that does not go to the limits I selected. As you can see in the attached images, the Parameters for Baseline (1) show a region starting at 4+73.46 and another ending at the same station. However, in the drawing, there is no linework from the corridor at that station. Is this a problem? Or simply the corridor not displaying the design info? I was wanting to snap to that line to get my intersection design done but there is no line there. If anyone has any idea, I'm all ears. -- Brian Hailey LDT2005 C3D2005 XP Pro - SP 2 P4 2.8GHz 1.00 GB of RAM
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Hi Don, That may be a viable work around but as this is simply a learning project, I would like to see if there is a fix for this or, if not, a bug logged. I will give it a go and see what happens. That seems to work (at least graphically). I don't know what would happen if I create a surface from the corridor though. -- Brian Hailey LDT2005 C3D2005 XP Pro - SP 2 P4 2.8GHz 1.00 GB of RAM "Don Reichle" wrote in message news:41a25612$1_2@newsprd01... > OK Brian, I'll have a go at it. > > How about starting Region 2 at station 4+15.27 and stopping Region 2 at > station 4+73.36? You'll never miss the dirt in a tenth on each end of the > region. > > This is through lessons learned with LDT. I always take an extra section > at > the beginning and ending stations of an intersection, plus or minus a > tenth > as the case may necessitate. > > HTH > > -- > Don Reichle > Hacker Engineering, Inc. > "King of Work-Arounds" > LDT & CD 2004 > C3D 2004 SP1 > On HP Pavilion a367c > 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM > XP PRO - SP2 > > > "Brian Hailey" wrote in message > news:41a2535e_1@newsprd01... > Hi all, > > I have a corridor created that does not go to the limits I selected. As > you > can see in the attached images, the Parameters for Baseline (1) show a > region starting at 4+73.46 and another ending at the same station. > However, > in the drawing, there is no linework from the corridor at that station. > Is > this a problem? Or simply the corridor not displaying the design info? I > was wanting to snap to that line to get my intersection design done but > there is no line there. > > If anyone has any idea, I'm all ears. > > -- > Brian Hailey > LDT2005 > C3D2005 > XP Pro - SP 2 > P4 2.8GHz > 1.00 GB of RAM > > > >
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Brian; What I've done (in Land) is just break the 3D polys at the edges of the intersections, and then manually configure the intersection. Just thinking out loud here... Maybe Region 2 would only be a half-street improvement? -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" LDT & CD 2004 C3D 2004 SP1 On HP Pavilion a367c 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM XP PRO - SP2 "Brian Hailey" wrote in message news:41a2583e_3@newsprd01... Hi Don, That may be a viable work around but as this is simply a learning project, I would like to see if there is a fix for this or, if not, a bug logged. I will give it a go and see what happens. That seems to work (at least graphically). I don't know what would happen if I create a surface from the corridor though. -- Brian Hailey LDT2005 C3D2005 XP Pro - SP 2 P4 2.8GHz 1.00 GB of RAM "Don Reichle" wrote in message news:41a25612$1_2@newsprd01... > OK Brian, I'll have a go at it. > > How about starting Region 2 at station 4+15.27 and stopping Region 2 at > station 4+73.36? You'll never miss the dirt in a tenth on each end of the > region. > > This is through lessons learned with LDT. I always take an extra section > at > the beginning and ending stations of an intersection, plus or minus a > tenth > as the case may necessitate. > > HTH > > -- > Don Reichle > Hacker Engineering, Inc. > "King of Work-Arounds" > LDT & CD 2004 > C3D 2004 SP1 > On HP Pavilion a367c > 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM > XP PRO - SP2 > > > "Brian Hailey" wrote in message > news:41a2535e_1@newsprd01... > Hi all, > > I have a corridor created that does not go to the limits I selected. As > you > can see in the attached images, the Parameters for Baseline (1) show a > region starting at 4+73.46 and another ending at the same station. > However, > in the drawing, there is no linework from the corridor at that station. > Is > this a problem? Or simply the corridor not displaying the design info? I > was wanting to snap to that line to get my intersection design done but > there is no line there. > > If anyone has any idea, I'm all ears. > > -- > Brian Hailey > LDT2005 > C3D2005 > XP Pro - SP 2 > P4 2.8GHz > 1.00 GB of RAM > > > >
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

And Brian... Maybe think about using Invert Colors on your Screen Captures when there's a lot of black in the background. Uses a significant amount of toner when printed. :-) I was lazy so printed instead of switching back and forth from post to post. -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" LDT & CD 2004 C3D 2004 SP1 On HP Pavilion a367c 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM XP PRO - SP2 "Don Reichle" wrote in message news:41a25a86$1_3@newsprd01... Brian; What I've done (in Land) is just break the 3D polys at the edges of the intersections, and then manually configure the intersection. Just thinking out loud here... Maybe Region 2 would only be a half-street improvement? -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" LDT & CD 2004 C3D 2004 SP1 On HP Pavilion a367c 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM XP PRO - SP2 "Brian Hailey" wrote in message news:41a2583e_3@newsprd01... Hi Don, That may be a viable work around but as this is simply a learning project, I would like to see if there is a fix for this or, if not, a bug logged. I will give it a go and see what happens. That seems to work (at least graphically). I don't know what would happen if I create a surface from the corridor though. -- Brian Hailey LDT2005 C3D2005 XP Pro - SP 2 P4 2.8GHz 1.00 GB of RAM "Don Reichle" wrote in message news:41a25612$1_2@newsprd01... > OK Brian, I'll have a go at it. > > How about starting Region 2 at station 4+15.27 and stopping Region 2 at > station 4+73.36? You'll never miss the dirt in a tenth on each end of the > region. > > This is through lessons learned with LDT. I always take an extra section > at > the beginning and ending stations of an intersection, plus or minus a > tenth > as the case may necessitate. > > HTH > > -- > Don Reichle > Hacker Engineering, Inc. > "King of Work-Arounds" > LDT & CD 2004 > C3D 2004 SP1 > On HP Pavilion a367c > 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM > XP PRO - SP2 > > > "Brian Hailey" wrote in message > news:41a2535e_1@newsprd01... > Hi all, > > I have a corridor created that does not go to the limits I selected. As > you > can see in the attached images, the Parameters for Baseline (1) show a > region starting at 4+73.46 and another ending at the same station. > However, > in the drawing, there is no linework from the corridor at that station. > Is > this a problem? Or simply the corridor not displaying the design info? I > was wanting to snap to that line to get my intersection design done but > there is no line there. > > If anyone has any idea, I'm all ears. > > -- > Brian Hailey > LDT2005 > C3D2005 > XP Pro - SP 2 > P4 2.8GHz > 1.00 GB of RAM > > > >
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Do the assemblies match at Sta 4+73.46 for the problematic side of the cartway? It appears you are not getting anything on the lower side of the upper road (assuming the upper is Deer Meade) across the length of the intersection - not just the one station. Showing the stationing and noting which road is which would help follow your description of the problem. I've had corridors simply ignore normal sample stations.... -- Karl Fuls PLS Autocad AEC Training and Consulting Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator Brian Hailey wrote: > Hi all, > > I have a corridor created that does not go to the limits I selected. As you > can see in the attached images, the Parameters for Baseline (1) show a > region starting at 4+73.46 and another ending at the same station. However, > in the drawing, there is no linework from the corridor at that station. Is > this a problem? Or simply the corridor not displaying the design info? I > was wanting to snap to that line to get my intersection design done but > there is no line there. > > If anyone has any idea, I'm all ears. > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report