Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor is crossing my alignment curve.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Bigrailer19
602 Views, 8 Replies

Corridor is crossing my alignment curve.

I have a corridor that is following my alignment but crosses a curve and follows the tangent. Why is it doing this and any solutions? This is the first time I have ran into this. Thanks in advance. Attached is a photo of the boundary crossing the curve.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hard to tell from the image. Do you have an assembly change at that poit? Check all your targets

Message 3 of 9
Bigrailer19
in reply to: Bigrailer19

I apologize for the image. I made the contours background rather than design so everyone could see the green *alignment* Curve. However there is a green boundary line and the purple is the frequency in the corridor.

Anyways no assembly change, its the same throughout the alignment. I'll Check my targets again. It's strange I've never encountered this before and have done many similar corridors. Thank you by the way!
Message 4 of 9
Joe-Bouza

I think a look at the drawing is needed. Can you post it?

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
Jeff_M

It looks to me like the arc is not a part of the alignment, so the corridor is following the tangent lines.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 6 of 9
Bigrailer19

Yes that's exactly what it's doing. However the arc is part of the alignment. If I increase the frequency of the stationing, it follows the curve. So it's odd to me.

Here's a question: because I drew the alignment then added the curve in after could this be why? Originally I drew a tangent with curves but the radius was not drawing as specified (drawing way smaller) and I couldn't get that to work. So I did it this way. I'm beginning to think civil3d isn't recognizing my curve although it's part of the alignment.
Message 7 of 9
Jeff_M

Can you post the drawing?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 8 of 9
Bigrailer19

I decided to start over with my alignment. I created the alignment from an object then added a default radius for curves and that worked well enough. Thanks everyone for acknowledging my issue. I was unable to figure out why the corridor was ignoring my curve, but figure that it had to do with me adding the curve after creating the alignment... Something was missing, a target perhaps... Thanks again.

Message 9 of 9
mmichel6UEHA

Make sure your alignment actually has PIs where you want them. I had the same thing happen and my PIs disappeared for some reason. I think I was because I was able to force a curve and the Alignment got confused. 

Only 7 years late!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report