Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor Grading of cul-de-sac

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
312 Views, 4 Replies

Corridor Grading of cul-de-sac

Hello, I have a corridor that I would like to use in a cul-de-sac but I'm not sure what approach to take. What I've done so far is to create an alignment 10' offset from the edge of asphalt and attached an assembly to it to grade from the alignment to the pan. I don't know how to handle the interior of the cul-de-sac though. Perhaps I should be taking a different approach to this? I've attached an image showing what I've done so far. Thanks, -- Brian Hailey LDT2005 C3D2005 XP Pro - SP 2 P4 2.8GHz 1.00 GB of RAM
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

IMHO it depends upon how you'll warp the interior of the cul-de-sac, and whether or not you need to show cross sections. If you're grading to a high/low point in the center of the cul-de-sac, you could export the corridor surface and set a spot elevation in the center - if you need cross-sections that may not be ideal. If you're looking for back of curb elevations on your construction documents (and labels can't presently be linked dynamically to a corridor feature) this will give you a surface to label, but there won't be a dynamic link between the surface and the corridor - if you modify the corridor, you'd need to re-export the surface for labeling. You could drop an alignment through the center of the cul-de-sac, profile it with the intended FG and add that alignment and profile as a logical name (TargetHA = Horizontal Alignment to hold, TargetVA = Vertical Alignment to hold). hth, sm -- Scott McEachron The D.C. CADD Company - Dallas "Brian Hailey" wrote in message news:41b74d82_1@newsprd01... > Hello, > > I have a corridor that I would like to use in a cul-de-sac but I'm not > sure what approach to take. What I've done so far is to create an > alignment 10' offset from the edge of asphalt and attached an assembly to > it to grade from the alignment to the pan. I don't know how to handle the > interior of the cul-de-sac though. Perhaps I should be taking a different > approach to this? I've attached an image showing what I've done so far. > > Thanks, > > -- > Brian Hailey > LDT2005 > C3D2005 > XP Pro - SP 2 > P4 2.8GHz > 1.00 GB of RAM > > > >
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I don't know if your scenario requires a different approach, but Cul De Sac grading was demostrated in the Webcast on 10/22/04. Here is a link to the webcasts: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=3856538 "Brian Hailey" wrote in message news:41b74d82_1@newsprd01... > Hello, > > I have a corridor that I would like to use in a cul-de-sac but I'm not > sure what approach to take. What I've done so far is to create an > alignment 10' offset from the edge of asphalt and attached an assembly to > it to grade from the alignment to the pan. I don't know how to handle the > interior of the cul-de-sac though. Perhaps I should be taking a different > approach to this? I've attached an image showing what I've done so far. > > Thanks, > > -- > Brian Hailey > LDT2005 > C3D2005 > XP Pro - SP 2 > P4 2.8GHz > 1.00 GB of RAM > > > >
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Hi Neil, That was the day my boys were born so that's probably why I don't remember much of that one. I'll have to review it again to see if there is any technique in there I can use. Thanks again, -- Brian Hailey LDT2005 C3D2005 XP Pro - SP 2 P4 2.8GHz 1.00 GB of RAM "Neil W" wrote in message news:41b86073_2@newsprd01... >I don't know if your scenario requires a different approach, but Cul De Sac >grading was demostrated in the Webcast on 10/22/04. Here is a link to the >webcasts: >http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=3856538 > > > "Brian Hailey" wrote in message > news:41b74d82_1@newsprd01... >> Hello, >> >> I have a corridor that I would like to use in a cul-de-sac but I'm not >> sure what approach to take. What I've done so far is to create an >> alignment 10' offset from the edge of asphalt and attached an assembly to >> it to grade from the alignment to the pan. I don't know how to handle >> the interior of the cul-de-sac though. Perhaps I should be taking a >> different approach to this? I've attached an image showing what I've done >> so far. >> >> Thanks, >> >> -- >> Brian Hailey >> LDT2005 >> C3D2005 >> XP Pro - SP 2 >> P4 2.8GHz >> 1.00 GB of RAM >> >> >> >> > > >
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Hey Brian; From an LDT slant... How about using the CDS EOP as the alignment? That would give you both surface and X-Sections. I would stop the CDS "throat" alignment at the CDS returns (sta 4+25 in your capture), and start the CDS EOP alignment at the left or right return - whichever is closest to the corridor intersection of the CDS. Since you're looking for a concentric offset for the Island this should work for you. -- Don Reichle "King Of Work-Arounds" Barghausen Consulting Engineers Kent, WA USA LDT3 - SP1/CD3 - SP1 On WIN2K SP4 Dell 1.6 Ghz P4 512MB RAM NVIDIA 32MB AGP "Brian Hailey" wrote in message news:41b87310$1_2@newsprd01... > Hi Neil, > > That was the day my boys were born so that's probably why I don't remember > much of that one. I'll have to review it again to see if there is any > technique in there I can use. > > Thanks again, > > -- > Brian Hailey > LDT2005 > C3D2005 > XP Pro - SP 2 > P4 2.8GHz > 1.00 GB of RAM > > > "Neil W" wrote in message news:41b86073_2@newsprd01... > >I don't know if your scenario requires a different approach, but Cul De Sac > >grading was demostrated in the Webcast on 10/22/04. Here is a link to the > >webcasts: > >http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=3856538 > > > > > > "Brian Hailey" wrote in message > > news:41b74d82_1@newsprd01... > >> Hello, > >> > >> I have a corridor that I would like to use in a cul-de-sac but I'm not > >> sure what approach to take. What I've done so far is to create an > >> alignment 10' offset from the edge of asphalt and attached an assembly to > >> it to grade from the alignment to the pan. I don't know how to handle > >> the interior of the cul-de-sac though. Perhaps I should be taking a > >> different approach to this? I've attached an image showing what I've done > >> so far. > >> > >> Thanks, > >> > >> -- > >> Brian Hailey > >> LDT2005 > >> C3D2005 > >> XP Pro - SP 2 > >> P4 2.8GHz > >> 1.00 GB of RAM > >> > >> > >> > >> > > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report