Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor Feature Line Extraction/Smoothing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
doni49
787 Views, 3 Replies

Corridor Feature Line Extraction/Smoothing

I exported two featurelines (EOP) from my corridor as dynamic links.  I turned on smoothing to try and get curves that looked decent.

The curves look good.  But then it changed the linework BEYOND the curve.  Attached are two screenshots of what I'm seeing.  Anyone have any ideas?

FeatureLineSmoothing.png

FeatureLineSmoothing2.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
doni49
in reply to: doni49

I forgot to mention that the second image shows where the PT of the curve SHOULD meet the tangent.  But as you can see, it's not.

I've attached a copy of my drawing file.  I promoted all the references so that they're not using data shortcuts and I created two regions beginning and ending just beyond the pc & pt of both curves.  Hopefully all of this results in a file that's not too large to attach to this message.

The first image I showed previously was at station 14+00 (I consider the problem in this area to be worse than the other problem).  The second image is at 5+15 or so.

EDIT:  Here's a screen shot of the feature line properties when exporting/smoothing the feature line.

FeatureLineSmoothing3.png

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 4
Jeff_M
in reply to: doni49

Based on the image in the second post, this looks like a C3D2012 drawing. I opened it in 2012 and the linework looks good. But, I just installed SP3 for 2012 and this is something that looks like it was corrected with the SP:

Corridor Design

• An issue that caused a feature line to erroneously span between two stations ignoring all of the corridor sections in between has been resolved.
  • An issue that caused Feature lines to not display as expected has been resolved.

So if you have not yet applied the Service Pack 3, you might want to give it a try.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 4
doni49
in reply to: Jeff_M

@Jeff_M wrote:

Based on the image in the second post, this looks like a C3D2012 drawing. I opened it in 2012 and the linework looks good. But, I just installed SP3 for 2012 and this is something that looks like it was corrected with the SP:

Corridor Design

• An issue that caused a feature line to erroneously span between two stations ignoring all of the corridor sections in between has been resolved.
  • An issue that caused Feature lines to not display as expected has been resolved.

So if you have not yet applied the Service Pack 3, you might want to give it a try.

This is really strange.  After reading your message, I went back and took a closer look.  The drawing file that I created just for the purpose of posting looks fine for me too--see the screenshot at the bottom of this message.  So there's obviously something different between the two files.  Although I can't for the life of me imagine what. 

The screenshots I posted last night were using the file that I've been working in.  I never dreamed that the file I posted this morning would look different than the regular file so I never looked that close at it.

Yes, this is 2012 (SP 2.1).  We're planning to upgrade to 2014 soon so we're reluctant to install SP3 now.  We don't want to introduce OTHER bugs that we need to support when 2014 is just around the corner.

FeatureLineSmoothing4.png

Don Ireland

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report