Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor Elevations are 0.32' Lower than Target Profiles

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
JACUser
210 Views, 2 Replies

Corridor Elevations are 0.32' Lower than Target Profiles

Thanks ahead of time for any help:

I have roadway corridors with ditches. The assembly uses "Subassembly.LaneOutsideSuperLayerVaryingWidth" with "Subassembly.Ditch" followed with "Subassembly.DaylightGeneral". I used target profiles for the ditch flowline, everything else is standard width and depth, and runs from the assembly. All of my feature lines from the corridor are 0.32' lower than the target profiles they are supposed to be based on. Any ideas as to why? I checked the subassembly and found a material thickness of 0.33, so I set it to 0.001, but it did not help.

I am running Civil3D 2014 SP3 on Windows 7

Again, I appreciate any help.

A.L. Pierce ~  JAC Engineering

Deer Park, TX

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
klugb
in reply to: JACUser

Any way you can get the file small enough to post?

If not, you could email it to me:  bruce(dot)klug(@)clark.wa.gov

I like a challenge 🙂

Bruce Klug, P.E.
AutoCAD Expert Elite Alumni
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Win 10 Enterprise, 64-bit
Message 3 of 3
Cadguru42
in reply to: JACUser

@JACUser wrote:

Thanks ahead of time for any help:

I have roadway corridors with ditches. The assembly uses "Subassembly.LaneOutsideSuperLayerVaryingWidth" with "Subassembly.Ditch" followed with "Subassembly.DaylightGeneral". I used target profiles for the ditch flowline, everything else is standard width and depth, and runs from the assembly. All of my feature lines from the corridor are 0.32' lower than the target profiles they are supposed to be based on. Any ideas as to why? I checked the subassembly and found a material thickness of 0.33, so I set it to 0.001, but it did not help.

I am running Civil3D 2014 SP3 on Windows 7

Again, I appreciate any help.

A.L. Pierce ~  JAC Engineering

Deer Park, TX

Make sure your subassembly isn't offset slightly from the main assembly. I've had it where I thought I had snapped to the insertion point on the assembly but was slightly off. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report