Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor Drawing Crash: Modeling Operation Error: Access violation.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ericvallejo7526
794 Views, 3 Replies

Corridor Drawing Crash: Modeling Operation Error: Access violation.

We had (what I believe to be) a corridor drawing go corrupt. I believe it was creating other drawings to crash. When saving the file or auditing, the error "Modeling Operation Error: Access violation......Modeling Operation Error: Operation unsuccessful." was displayed in the command line\text window. I deleted all the references, all objects one by one to locate the error.

Attached is a blank drawing which still contains the error. I've purged out all that I can to try and extract the error. There is one block left (that I am able to purge) called: pressureparterrorblock. When I purge and try to save, the drawing crashes. I believe this is the culprit, most likely some residual left behind because a user created and deleted something improperly (a pressure pipe network) inside the drawing.

I need to eliminate this error and have exhausted all measures in trying to eliminate. Please Help!

Eric Vallejo, LSI
Missman, Inc.
Civil 3D 2014, SP2
Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Pointdump
in reply to: ericvallejo7526

Eric,

I'd like to help you, really I would, but with your description of a diabolic drawing with evil intent and a block named "pressureparterrorblock", I wouldn't touch that drawing with a 20-meter cattle prod.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 4
ericvallejo7526
in reply to: Pointdump

Ha!  Thanks Dave, first time today this issue has made me smile.

Eric Vallejo, LSI
Missman, Inc.
Civil 3D 2014, SP2
Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit
Message 4 of 4
Pointdump
in reply to: ericvallejo7526

Eric,

If all your drawings are affected, then a Reset might be an option. Volker Cocco did a Webinar (Troubleshooting 101) today on this subject. He'll have a recording of it up soon. First, exit any open drawings.

Then, follow this path: (<<Click here for link to Help Page>>)

• Windows XP or Windows 7: Click the Windows Start button  (All) Programs  Autodesk  <product name>  Reset Settings to Default.

Reset.png

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report