Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor Daylight Overlapping

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2844 Views, 3 Replies

Corridor Daylight Overlapping

Does anyone have a good way of handling overlapping of corridor daylight lines @ PI's and curves?  It seems like grading objects handle these overlaps much better.

Thanks,

Michael

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Neilw_05
in reply to: Anonymous

Corridors do not clean up overlaps like grading objects. A few workarounds that come to mind are:

Manully edit the corridor sections

Create a featureline where you want the corridor to daylight, drape it on EG and use it as a target for the corridor daylight assembly

Extract an edge featureline from the corridor and use gradings to model the daylight in those areas.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Neilw_05

Thanks Neil.  In the past, I have used grading objects in these tight spaces.  I wish I didn't have to go through these extra steps, especially as the cooridors get more complicated.

I guess I'll have to put this on my wish list for future versions!

I have never taken a corridor through visualization and rendering, but I was trying to keep the corridor as much a complete model as I could (trying not to use feature lines and grading objects to fill in gaps), because it seems like I will be better able to produce a rendering in the future if I have a complete corridor.

Just wanted to throw that in to let you know why I was asking the question.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Michael

Message 4 of 4
Neilw_05
in reply to: Anonymous

There are a couple of options that you can apply to the corridor as I mentioned. I agree that this is one of several issues that need to be addressed.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report