Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor Creation Issues

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
bd23
150 Views, 1 Reply

Corridor Creation Issues

I am a new user to Civil 3d. I am trying to get a basic output and am having difficulty despite following 'Mastering Civil 3d' and reading forums.

I am trying to create a surface from contours, Create an alignment, a profile, a assembly and create a contour. I have simplified the project to the most basic parameters in order to eliminate as many issues as possible.

Firstly I have 8 contour polylines with 1 to 8m heights assigned to them. I create a surface from this with a border and get a 3d image and triangles that seem accurate.

I then place an alignment running in a straight line running up the hill in the middle of the surface.

I then create a surface profile from that alignment and create a profile view (although this view is vary large it accurately displays the change in height over the alignment)

Everything seems fine up till now

Now I create a simple corridor. I only have one surface, alignment, profile and profile view to choose from so I choose them.

I have also tried combinations of setting the logical values or not. (Including setting them for surface only, and setting them for all but TARGET HA as well as setting everything or nothing)

When i complete the process a message appears saying i have "bad value" or "intersection value not found" at what I must imagine is every point it tries to create the assembly.

The corridor appears on the surface but it is not integrated into it at all. It is like it is sitting through the finished surface.

I would really appreciate any help that you could provide with this as i have explored most options i can think of and am finding it very frustrating

I have included a zip of the file if that helps

Firstly i
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: bd23

You need to set the target surface for the daylights.

"bd23" wrote in message news:5975534@discussion.autodesk.com...
I am a new user to Civil 3d. I am trying to get a basic output and am having
difficulty despite following 'Mastering Civil 3d' and reading forums.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report