Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor Code Set Styles

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
dnth8
1128 Views, 9 Replies

Corridor Code Set Styles

I have seen this post many times over the past few years but I haven't discovered a real viable solution yet. So I'm trying again. What would it take to edit Corridor Code Set Styles to add a plan view elevation at specific sub assembly points. It seems like it should be a simple fix if a marker can be displayed.

I really like the ability to label spots in section view in this manner but I would like the capability in plan view. LDT did swimmingly well with this by bringing in template points along an alignment at sampled stations. Our local government requires these elevations on plan sets and it would sure save us alot of time if we could get this option back.

Any responses would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Jeff_M
in reply to: dnth8

@dnth8 wrote:

..... LDT did swimmingly well with this by bringing in template points along an alignment at sampled stations.......

Any responses would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! 

You can create Points along a Corridor, and you can specify which code(s) to import (so you don't get all of them which wouldn't be needed). Set your corridor frequencies to be at the desired interval, then create the points. The command is: AeccCreatePointsFromCorridor. On the Ribbon, it's under the Launch Pad of the  Modify\corridor Tab

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 10
dnth8

Thanks for your help. I have tried to approach it in that  manner. However, the point elevations aren't dynamicly updated with the corridor and if the alignment has curves, the points won't rotate with the alignment.

This is why  I would like to see something with Code Styles. 

Message 4 of 10
dgordon

I supposed they updated dynamically in LDD, and rotated with curves also?

Dan

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 5 of 10
dnth8

There wasn't a lot of dynamic going on in LDT. I did have a lisp routine for rotating all the points to an alignment. I was just asking a question looking for a solution. (or another work around)

I really appreciate smart alec comments though. Everytime I have ever posted a question on this site, some jerk has something smart to say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 6 of 10
Joe-Bouza

But you can use point>> edit points>> elevations from surface. Not dynamic but is your project that complex to have to remember?

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 10
Joe-Bouza

Another approach (and you may like this one) could be create alignments from corridor and generate the dynamic profile from surface. Now you can make an alignment label style that can label profile elevations that would be dynamic with the corridor.

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 10
dnth8

Thank you Joe. I will try the second option.

Message 9 of 10
randyspear6624

I would also like to have the option to add a label to a corridor link in plan. I understand the workarounds but it would be much more efficient.  For example, currently I want to see what grades the Daylight_General is using in plan without having to open the corridor section editor or plotting out sections.

Message 10 of 10
jmayo-EE
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

That's the ticket Joe. An alignment will work dynamically and keep the labels rotated to the objects. A Feature line would also work.

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report