Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor Assembly Target Issues

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jhamer
1502 Views, 2 Replies

Corridor Assembly Target Issues

Ive created an access road and there is a section where the road width flares out so i am targeting the polylines imported from the 2d layout. However when i target these polylines there is part of the corridor region which doesnt target the polylines correctly it is overshooting the polyline. However the same corridor region and targeting same polyline slightly firther north correctly targets the polyline, please see images attached. The sub assumbly i am using the the lane outside super with widening

Joe Hamer
Autodesk Civil3D 2013
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
david.zavislan
in reply to: jhamer

My guess is that the LaneOutsideSuperWithWidening subassembly is calculating the width based on the alignment's superelevation parameters, which may be overriding the target offset.  I have never used that subassembly, so I suggest you read it's help document for more information. 

I typically use the LaneOutsideSuper subassembly instead.  It does not calculate widening, but will let you attach offset targets to transition the width.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
sboon
in reply to: jhamer

Is the corridor just ignoring the polylines completely in the problem section and using a default width, or is it going a specific distance beyond the polyline?  Is the polyline segment a curve or is it straight at this location?  What happens if you add a few PIs to the polyline in this area?

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report