Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor Assembly Not Daylighting Properly

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
GreeneSWCD
2491 Views, 4 Replies

Corridor Assembly Not Daylighting Properly

I'm trying to successfully get through a corridor, but to no avail.  I'm certain I'm missing a step, and I'm certain that the step I'm missing is setting a surface to daylight to. 

My project:  It's a simple grassed waterway in a parabolic shape that is ran on a proposed profile grade up a draw.  As you can see in the screen shots, it should daylight to the surface on each side.  You can also see that the majority of the profile is deeper than the assembly is tall, so I should have a corridor that daylights on each side with a gradual cut up to the surface.  The screen shot of the corridor shows that this isn't so. 

I profiled the centerline with offsets.  I need the offsets to see how deep to lay the proposed centerline in regards to how deep my waterway will be.  I get a bunch of error messages when I run the coridor, and they all deal with the offsets.  I think this is my hang up, or at least has something to do with it. 

What am I missing? 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sboon
in reply to: GreeneSWCD

It looks like you haven't set the targets for the daylight subassemblies.  If you open the corridor properties dialog and switch to the Parameters tab there should be a button on the upper right for setting targets.

Clipboard01.png

I've attached a drawing with my version of your assembly and a corridor for you to look at.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 5
sboon

Another possibility - it looks like your alignment is following an existing ditch or swale line with relatively steep sides.  I'm wondering if you've set the design profile low enough that it's running off the edge of your surface data before it finds a catch point.

Try cutting a few sections, or look at the corridor in the view/editor to see if that is what might be going on.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 4 of 5
GreeneSWCD
in reply to: sboon

Got it!!  Thanks man!

But, I have a couple of spots where the cut goes out to infinity, just like you said, the daylight slope isn't steep enough.  There are several spots to change this, but I don't know which slope is wrong.  My "steep cut" option is already at 2:1, and I would think that would be steep enough.  I'm using the "general daylight" sub assembly.  Could you also walk me through this? 

Message 5 of 5
sboon

Assuming that you only want to change parameters for a few stations - select the corridor and open the corridor section editor.

Clipboard02.png

Navigate to the correct station and open the parameter editor.

Clipboard01.png

The logic of the Daylight General subassembly in cut situations goes something like this:

• Starting from the hinge point draw a link at the Flat Cut slope until it intersects the surface or reaches the flat cut maximum height.
  • If that fails, then draw a link at the Medium Cut slope until it intersects or reaches the medium cut max height.
  • If that fails then draw a link at the Steep Cut slope.  If that fails then report an error.

If you want to change the settings then you'll find the Steep values near the bottom of the list.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report