Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Corridor assembly elevation target

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2337 Views, 6 Replies

Corridor assembly elevation target

Hello,

I am  learning how to create corridor, and I have a question about assembly elevation targets.

When creating a corridor, the profile is required as dependent object, which gives the elevation of the centerline

of the road. Based on the definition of assembly, the elevation of the corridor at the offset targets can be determined by the

the profile.  My question is if the assembly elevation target specifies the elevation at the offset target too? If so, why both profile and

assembly elevation target are required?

Thanks!

Xiangyu

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jay_B
in reply to: Anonymous

Some subassemblies such as LaneSuperelevationAOR support optional "Target Parameters".

These are not required. For example, if you don't want the elevation for the lane edge to be set by the 

constant lane slope set in the subassembly, then you can target a special Profile that will determine

the lane edge elevations.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 7
fcernst

You are not required to use Targets.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Jay_B

Thanks for the reply.

The assembly used in the project has two subassemblies, LaneInsideSuper and LinkSlopeToSurface.

One side of the road has to be tied to an exisitng surface, because it is an expansion work.

The offset target is about one or two meters from the edge of the lane. Therefore the elevation target

is required for the LinkSlopeToSurface subassembly. The profile for that road alignment is designed based on slope requirements.

I just wonder how the surface will be created with both centerline profile and the elevation target? I mean if the

elevation target is specified, will the elevation of the center of road change with it, and be different from the elevation

given in the profile? If so, that means the actual profile will be different from the design.

Thanks!

Xiangyu 

Message 5 of 7
Jay_B

@Anonymous wrote:
I mean if the elevation target is specified, will the elevation of the center of road change with it, and be different from the elevation

given in the profile? If so, that means the actual profile will be different from the design.

No, the FG Profile set at the Assembly Marker or Alignment location will control that particular location based on the specified FG Profile.

Any "Target" Profiles assigned will control the point at which they are applied to a given subassembly which supports vertical targets.

Pressing F1 key while hovering over any Subassembly will bring up help for that subassembly.

For your Surface question - We can better understand what your trying to accomplish here if you post a screen capture of your design.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Jay_B

Thank you, Jay! I think I figure it out.

In your first reply

"if you don't want the elevation for the lane edge to be set by the 

constant lane slope set in the subassembly, then you can target a special Profile that will determine

the lane edge elevations."

My understanding is if the target elevation is set, the slope in the subassembly is ignored. Is that right?

I attached a snapshot, the road is 8 meters wide, the dashed line is the center of the road.

The red line is the edge of pavement attached to exisitng surface. The blue line is the edge of pavement

not attached to existing surface.

Merry Christmas!

Xiangyu

Message 7 of 7
Jay_B

@Anonymous wrote:

My understanding is if the target elevation is set, the slope in the subassembly is ignored. Is that right?

Correct.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Ā 

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Ā