Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor Assembly appears flat in Sections???

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
jburden78
1027 Views, 8 Replies

Corridor Assembly appears flat in Sections???

I have created a proposed centerline along my existing roadway, which represents along my profile. I have created an assembly for my proposed raod with a crown, and a 2% cross-fall in each direction. But when I generate my sections, all my proposed assemblies show up in the proper location on my section views, except there is no cross-fall showing on any of them??? They are all being shown in my sections as dead flat! 0%??? I've been looking for a setting to change this, but cannot find the answer??? I have also deleted, and recreated my corridors and regenerate my sections, only to get the same results!?!

I would appreciate any help.

...I am using C3D 2012

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
kfurn
in reply to: jburden78

Try going to your Assembly properties and edit the values. Of course, you would need to recut your sections.

Good Luck,

Kevin

Message 3 of 9
jburden78
in reply to: kfurn

Thank you for your suggestion, ...and maybe what you are saying is correct, but I've tried adjusting values within my assembly properties and re cutting them, but there was no change??? I'm sure there must be some override setting or something that I can not seem to find???

So, to clarify, everthing looks good, except there is no 2% cross fall showing on my generated sections, even though there is cross fall indicated on my assemblies. And the location of the crown (if there was one) is showing up at the correct elevation, ...just no 2% fall, ...totally flat?!? So frustrating!

Message 4 of 9
kfurn

If you're using the right parts to build your assembly, it should work. Sorry I couldn't be more help. -Kevin
Message 5 of 9
Jeff_M

Can you post, or email, your drawing? jeffm AT quuxsoft DOT com

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 6 of 9
Jeff_M
in reply to: Jeff_M

For those follwoing along, the cause of the flat sections was due to using the same profile for the outside lane profile targets as the centerline profile.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 7 of 9
kfurn

That is correct. -Kevin
Message 8 of 9
jahe2382

So, did you create a profile at an offset?

Message 9 of 9
orodriguezT2P7H

Hey Jeff, I know its been a while, but how would you go about fixing this problem?

Thanks,

O.R.

@Jeff_M wrote:

For those follwoing along, the cause of the flat sections was due to using the same profile for the outside lane profile targets as the centerline profile.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report