Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor and Corridor surface style

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
lex.kools
1265 Views, 10 Replies

Corridor and Corridor surface style

Good afternoon, 

I have a question.

I would like to make my road visible in the corridor. The colors shownin the picture below are from the corridor surface. I would like that my corridor surface only shows color at the daylight and not on the corridor itself. 

is this possible? (i put in red the outside of my corridor/road)

CR1.png

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
lex.kools
in reply to: lex.kools

Adding to this.. i found the way to color my assembly

But i cannot asign a material to some parts of my assembly.. why is that so? I have a u-shaped ditch and it's not listed. 

CR1.png

Message 3 of 11
doni49

The surface has a style that is completely separate from the corridor.  The corridor only CREATES the surface.  The surface style tells C3D how to display the surface (or in some cases NOT to display it).

My current dwg file doesn't have any surfaces otherwise you'd see them in this screenshot.  But browse to the location shown and you'll see every surface you have in your file.  Right click on the Corridor Surface then click on Properties.

SetSurfStyle.png

If you want to turn off individual components of your corridor -- such as the insertion points (the purple lines that are perp to your alignment) -- then change turn them off in the Corridor Style.

CorridorStyles.png

Lastly, if you need to turn off individual feature lines within the corridor (like show the Daylight but not the ETW), then that's going to invovle changing the code set.  Which will involve a longer post than I have time for at the moment.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 11
doni49

Are you using the stock subassemblies?  Or custom ones?

These are all based on the "Codes" within your subassemblies that your corridor uses. 

Attached is a word document that I wrote for use at my job -- but even if you're not using SAC, the section labled "The Effects" will help you understand how the various points will effect the display of your corridor.

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 5 of 11
lex.kools
in reply to: doni49

I can't see my ditch in the "link" codes. Only the pavements and sidewalks etc. so i can't give it an material area fill style.. 

Message 6 of 11
doni49

You didn't say whether you're using custom or stock SA.  If stock, which one (that contains the features that aren't showing up)?  If custom, can you post it?

Don Ireland

Message 7 of 11
lex.kools

This is what i am using. Standard assembly from the toolpallet.. 

CR1.png

Message 8 of 11
doni49

Your code set style must not include this feature code.  Click on "import Codes" in the second dialog then when prompted, click on your SA.  Any codes that are in the SA but NOT in the code set style will be added.

CorridorCodeSetStyle.png

CorridorCodeSetStyleImportCode.png

Don Ireland

Message 9 of 11
lex.kools

Thanks for your help but i still have a prblem. When i import codes i just want the U-Shaped ditch to be added and not all of my assembly. (This is causing an fault in my corridor surface)
Message 10 of 11
doni49

Right click the codes you DON'T want included (after you've done the import) and REMOVE them.

CorridorCodeSetStyleRemoveCode.png

Don Ireland

Message 11 of 11
doni49

@lex.kools wrote:
Thanks for your help but i still have a prblem. When i import codes i just want the U-Shaped ditch to be added and not all of my assembly. (This is causing an fault in my corridor surface)

I just re-read your message.  Having the "Extra Codes" nor NOT having the ditch codes is causing a fault in your surface?  Having extra codes in your code set style should NOT cause an issue with your surface.  Our code set styles contain contain every code we could possibly imagine needing.  If a corridor doesn't contain features that use various codes, then shapes/features don't get drawn using those codes.

Don Ireland

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report