Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor - 1st assembly insertion at 0+00

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
eyescast
262 Views, 1 Reply

Corridor - 1st assembly insertion at 0+00

Hi,

Attached is a file , when opened show two viewports. the plan view look OK , but the ortho on the right show a corridor not near elev. Of the  the alignment and the surface is missing ( I cannot get to the object viewer to show me the model setting) .

Am I in big trouble and had to create a surface again?

2. The end of this corridor you have  lines all over the place ,  I probably need to create a corridor surface , correct?

3. Why is the alignment so far from the corridor model?

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Jeff_M
in reply to: eyescast

An alignment is a 2d object at 0 elevation. The corridor is a 3d object at real elevations. So, as far as the relationship of alignment vs. corridor, what you are seeing is correct.

The end of the corridor is spiking to 0 due to the profile stoping ~4' short of the alignment end. Either end the corridor reion before the end of the profile, or extend the profile to the end of the alignment (note that the profile also starts at 0+00.60, not the alignment start of 0+00.00).

The existing ground surface contours have been turned off in the style.

The 'lines going all over the place' comes from the cut/fill slopes are too flat, so they are crossing. Change the slopes to 1:1 and you will see the lines no longer cross. This indicates youu will likely be needing some walls.

You have not yet created a surface for the corridor. Add it in the corridor properties.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report