Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correcting Ditch Location

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
xgeneration
474 Views, 2 Replies

Correcting Ditch Location

Hello, I had created a corridor using the attached assembly with conditional cut/fill and SlopeToSurface SA, the cut condition provides a ditch SA at cut only.  Then had the Ditch Bottom Profile to follow a ditch profile that I created, and flows toward the increasing chainage.  The horizontal offset and elevation of the ditch runs perfectly fine as desired, except between Sta. 0+465 (cut section) and Sta. 0+470 (fill section), where the ditch ties back to the edge of shoulder instead of going toward the outside (as shown in the blue lines).

My question is, do I need to make a transition between the cut and fill sections?  If so how much effect and details is needed as I have a few other locations with the same issue.  Is there other solutions to this issue?

Thanks. Jacky

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
fcernst
in reply to: xgeneration

I'll give you a hint. The computer does not know what is going on between Sections...Right, how can it?

The computer only performs per the permissions and instructions that you give it. In this case, a function of your corridor frequency interval and your Ditch test points.

Finally, yes you have to make it work and drain. Don't leave it up to the surveyors and contractors to figure out.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 3 of 3
xgeneration
in reply to: fcernst

Thanks, I tried using different intervals before I put up this post, didn't have any luck.  But I will take a look at the ditch test point and see if I can fix it there. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report