Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correcting a bad survey control point shot using an FBK file in C3D

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
316 Views, 4 Replies

Correcting a bad survey control point shot using an FBK file in C3D

Our surveyors took a bad backsite causing a shift to occur in the survey.  We know what the coordinate should be for the point, but I am unable to figure out how to modify the fbk file to correct this point and cause the rest of the survey to automatically shift.  I saw this technique done at a surveyors conference, but I am unable to recreate the steps that the demonstrator used.  I know I must be missing something simple, but I can figure it out.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
AllenJessup
in reply to: Anonymous

Enter the control point coordinates as NE Pt# Northing Easting Elevation. Then change the BS to that point number. Remember to keep a backup of the original FBK file.

It should look something like this.

NE 8 400948.089 608031.344 370.05000

[STN {Occupied Pt#}]  This line should be good as is in your file

BS 8

Allen Jessup

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
KirkNoonan

It depends on what is bad. If the coordinates of the back sight point are incorrect, they can be editied in the control points section of your network in the survey tab of the toolspace. If the distance, azimuth and or angle are incorrect, you need to go into the setup (also under the network in toolspace) and edit those values there.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: KirkNoonan

The x & y coordinates are bad.  The z coordinate is correct.  I was able to move the point to the correct location, however how do I get all the subsequent points to readjust based on this modified backsite point?

Message 5 of 5
KirkNoonan

After modifying the coordinates (and saving the changes) you should see the little exclamation shield icon next to the network showing that it needs to be updated. Update your network, update the points and figures and then, if everything works the way it should (85% of the time with C3D 2011) everything in your drawing should update. If not, save, close and re-open the drawing. If it still doesn't update, re-insert everything into the drawing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report